SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

Sorry, it’s been a while. I had surgery on Monday. Just getting to the point that I’m feeling a bit better. Since last Saturday, Knox County Has reported 7 deaths. On a great note, they only have 16 Newly hospitalized with COVID-19 out of 124 new cases. As of Wednesday, there were 152 hospitalized, with 65 in ICU and 46 on a ventilator.

19 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

My grandmother has tested positive for COVID. It just hit her nursing home pretty hard I’ve been told. 

Hoping for the best for your grandmother and all the other residents/staff there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Praying for your grandmother and all involved.

5 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

My grandmother has tested positive for COVID. It just hit her nursing home pretty hard I’ve been told. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe if they ever get the testing under control they might be able to get a better grip on the overall covid19 problem but when people have to wait sometimes up to 12 days for results those test results have already expired and new tests are needed for that same person and many of them won't go back for a second test and I can't really blame them!! They need to get a way to get test results back in 48 hours max. To do that they need more research centers doing the results of the tests and not more testing centers.

I posted this information a few weeks ago on this thread, but maybe it's time to repeat it. Numerous reports continue to show a strong correlation between low vitamin D levels and the severity of COVID 19. If you aren't taking vitamin D3, you should start and you should make sure all of your family is taking it. 

Norway, Finland, and native Swedes have very low COVID severity rates. What they have in common is a genetic ability to maintain high vitamin D levels. The Swedish rates have been skewed a bit higher because their immigrant population (Somalis, Iraqis, Iranians, Ethiopians) have been hit much harder than native Swedes. 

Our medical professionals refuse to recommend vitamin D, but when I asked, several have told me that they take it themselves.

Magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B12 have been mentioned as well as treatments, but the link is not as clear as vitamin D. (I'm seeing a nutritionist and an alternative medicine doctor this month. I plan to ask both if I should be taking B12 shots.)

The next thing everyone can do is lose weight. Obesity increases the severity of COVID 19. Again, our medical professionals refuse to tell people this. As a result, people are GAINING WEIGHT instead of losing it. 

I don't think COVID 19 is going away. It didn't die out in summer like the flu. Vaccines are not the answer. I'm personally not taking a vaccine for a disease with so many unusual long-term side effects and I anticipate millions will be like me. The best approach is to try to avoid getting it as long as possible while the medical system tries to figure out how to treat it AND to assume that eventually you will get it so prepare your body as best you can to fight it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I posted this information a few weeks ago on this thread, but maybe it's time to repeat it. Numerous reports continue to show a strong correlation between low vitamin D levels and the severity of COVID 19. If you aren't taking vitamin D3, you should start and you should make sure all of your family is taking it. 

Norway, Finland, and native Swedes have very low COVID severity rates. What they have in common is a genetic ability to maintain high vitamin D levels. The Swedish rates have been skewed a bit higher because their immigrant population (Somalis, Iraqis, Iranians, Ethiopians) have been hit much harder than native Swedes. 

Our medical professionals refuse to recommend vitamin D, but when I asked, several have told me that they take it themselves.

Magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B12 have been mentioned as well as treatments, but the link is not as clear as vitamin D. (I'm seeing a nutritionist and an alternative medicine doctor this month. I plan to ask both if I should be taking B12 shots.)

The next thing everyone can do is lose weight. Obesity increases the severity of COVID 19. Again, our medical professionals refuse to tell people this. As a result, people are GAINING WEIGHT instead of losing it. 

I don't think COVID 19 is going away. It didn't die out in summer like the flu. Vaccines are not the answer. I'm personally not taking a vaccine for a disease with so many unusual long-term side effects and I anticipate millions will be like me. The best approach is to try to avoid getting it as long as possible while the medical system tries to figure out how to treat it AND to assume that eventually you will get it so prepare your body as best you can to fight it. 

You only need vitamin D supplements if you are inside a lot. When you are outside with skin exposed your cholesterol in your skin is converted into vitamin D by the UV light from the sun's rays. I am inside a lot working a desk job; therefore, I supplement my D every day. People over 50 should be supplementing their vitamin B12 anyway, but you don't need to pay for shots to do that. Over the counter B12 works just the same. I also supplement with Zinc every day because it is known for fighting the effects of viruses. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, E4 No More said:

You only need vitamin D supplements if you are inside a lot. When you are outside with skin exposed your cholesterol in your skin is converted into vitamin D by the UV light from the sun's rays. I am inside a lot working a desk job; therefore, I supplement my D every day. People over 50 should be supplementing their vitamin B12 anyway, but you don't need to pay for shots to do that. Over the counter B12 works just the same. I also supplement with Zinc every day because it is known for fighting the effects of viruses. 

E4 No More: That may be the most over used and incorrect statement in the overall health care industry there is. Don't get your feathers ruffled because within the last 12 months I used to think the same thing. Please, no offense.

You simply cannot get enough D3 via sunlight to move the needle 1/100th of 1 % in your blood serum. The only significant study done concerning D3 was research conducted back in the 20's and 30's on how to use D3 to cure ricketts. The eventual max dose out of that study was 400 IU was safe but since 100 IU would shut down Ricketts that became the maximum dose.

I was fortunate (unfortunate?) to develop some health issues last year and the data I was seeing and the results I observed on my own body led me to start really probing. I found a couple of doctors that were chasing the same ball. Please keep in mind that the risk of getting slammed by the rest of the medical community (in a legal and professional way) are so great that in general Docs keep their mouths shut and heads down. 

But, they were seeing the same results in very unofficial tests. To underscore how severe the D3 issue is, my feeling that if a few really well funded studies (free of interference and retribution) were to be conducted, I think the new RDA for D3 would be somewhere in the 10,000 IU range. Please, please please do not rush out and start doing crazy amounts of anything unproven. The results of my experimentation and that of a few others scattered about the country are not any kind of statistics at all. TO drive this home further, 8 years ago my wife was diagnosed with a very rare and specific cancer. Thankfully she is cancer free now but she is paying a really heavy price in the physical realm for the daily chemo pills she takes.

She and I both think if she were to get aggressive with large doses of D3 she would be able to stop the chemo treatment immediately. However, at this moment, we are in 100% agreement that we are unwilling to take the gamble. Maybe in another year assuming I don't float off in a D3 induced haze...

I'm doing much better (ironically with respect to another health issue I'm having) but mega D3 was not the only change I made all at once. And, 1 does not a statistic make.

If you can stomach the reading without playing tag with semis do the research. It is out there albeit in extremely small amounts. If nothing else, if all this covid crap gets us on the right path with D3 it may be worth the pain.

I rarely enter these types of threads. I find very little room to move either side of an issue and really, I'm here for the lead therapy.

Thanks, Mark.

Edited by Mark A