WWB 9mm 124gr NATO ammo?

Has anyone had any issues with Winchester White Box 9mm 124 gr NATO ammunition having light primer strikes?  My SIG P-365 has had 8 light primer strikes in 450-500 rounds. The fellow I called from SIG said I was using cheap ammo and they couldn't help me.  I had purchased 1000 rounds of this WWB and none of my other 9mm had any problem with it. I have never had a light primer strike with WWB but I did switch to Federal ammo and after 200 rounds have not had any light primer strikes (one failure to reset).  Has there been any issues with WWB ammo that could support SIGs comments (FYI, SIG's customer service was terrible. The guy actually said "8 failures out of 500? That's not bad." He never even asked me for the serial number, just refused to help. I wrote SIG a letter and they have never bothered to respond) 

I’ve shot a couple hundred rounds of it with no issues. But I’ve shot tens of thousands of rounds of WWB at the range in a bunch of different guns and calibers with no issues. As a matter of fact, the only issued I remember having with WWB was a bent-up round in one box of ammo. It’s my “go to” range ammo for centerfire, as CCI Mini-Mags is for rimfire.

I don’t own any SIGs, but I would guess you got an azzhat at SIG that didn’t want to do his job. I can’t believe how many people I see blaming magazines, claiming break-in, or other trouble shooting of new guns, they are going to possibly need in a deadly force situation. I immediately send them back to the factory; I’m not buying project guns.

Certainly, SIG could have an issue that is causing light primer strikes. And light primer strikes are a safety issue that could get someone killed. And I would say that to them in writing.

Recently I saw another complaint about SIG and if I am remembering correctly, they said SIG only has a year warranty. If that’s the case and you are within that window; I would get it back to them.

I don’t blame companies if they have crappy employees; it happens to the best of them. But it’s a different story if it’s brought to their attention and they don’t address it.

7 hours ago, Will Carry said:

Has anyone had any issues with Winchester White Box 9mm 124 gr NATO ammunition having light primer strikes?  My SIG P-365 has had 8 light primer strikes in 450-500 rounds. The fellow I called from SIG said I was using cheap ammo and they couldn't help me.  I had purchased 1000 rounds of this WWB and none of my other 9mm had any problem with it. I have never had a light primer strike with WWB but I did switch to Federal ammo and after 200 rounds have not had any light primer strikes (one failure to reset).  Has there been any issues with WWB ammo that could support SIGs comments (FYI, SIG's customer service was terrible. The guy actually said "8 failures out of 500? That's not bad." He never even asked me for the serial number, just refused to help. I wrote SIG a letter and they have never bothered to respond) 

Sounds like Sig personnel may be snobs. Real nice. 

I bought a 365 end of February, would't cycle hollow points occasional feed issues. Tried three different brands same issue. Called Sig they took gun, fixed it. Is reliable now. Had it back in under a week. got to believe its a known problem. If your handy pull out the striker assembly make sure its clean with no oil or grease that can cause light primer strikes also.

Try a different ammo and if problem still persists call them back. At least you can say its not the ammo. Maybe you'll get some one who isn't an ahole.

That being said all these new guns are having some sort of issues, really stinks that we as customers get to test them at our expense.

Hope you get it resolved it really is a nice carry piece.

• Like 1
On 3/13/2020 at 11:26 AM, Will Carry said:

Several questions.    

What is the manufacturing date of the P365?    There has been some past complaints on light primer strikes with certain dates onthe 365s.   Sig has done several design changes on the strikers over the past couple of years. Go over to SigTalk and do some searching on the P365 sub forum.   

Have you gotten any oil or grease in the striker channel?   If so, clean that out since that can cause the issue.   

You mentioned switching to some Federal ammo, and didn't have the problem.   Was that also NATO ammo?    Just as a general comment, NATO ammo typically will have a harder primer than other ammo, but your pistol should still fire it.    I have a P365 from 5/18 and haven't had issues with 124g NATO ammo that I can recall, but I mainly shoot 147's through mine.    

If you continue to have the problem, call Sig back.   You can't always judge a company's customer service quality by one person.     All companies have some crappy employees.   The next person you talk to might be more interested in helping you.   

• Like 1
On 3/13/2020 at 12:26 PM, Will Carry said:

Has anyone had any issues with Winchester White Box 9mm 124 gr NATO ammunition having light primer strikes? 

I have in a couple of my Glocks with lighter striker springs, even running the extended striker. Its definitely a harder primer than their standard dirty box. But not euro primer hard like the NATO made by S&B, MEN, etc. I just dont run it in those knowing they are harder primers. Typically they will pop with a second hit if you fire them again.

Usually you can just look at your brass and check pocket depths on standard US ammo vs Euro or Nato to get a sense of it.

As has been mentioned, cleaning out the striker channel is first step. A couple of my 320's had their slides dunked in oil and were drenched, which will pick up brass chips and junk as its shot. Sig never takes the rap for the kind of thing you are running into. They wont test with your specific ammo either. So sending it back wont really do much for you unless you have found a damaged tip on the striker. Possible the spring is on the weaker end of the scale, but since your not seeing it all the time, not likely