Where's the wheel guns

joel0711

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BCR#1

I don't really care for wheel guns but bought both of these from an estate that I helped liquidate for the widow of a fellow gun club member. The Ruger is a 1966 3 screw 6 1/2" covertible single six with original box/paperwork. Price was $350.00

The Smith is a model 25-5, 8 3/8" barrel in .45 LC. Original paper and wood boxes. Price was $450.00. Neither are for sale

Bill

IMG_1418.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Altamont grips I ordered for the new Python in.  

a8rDP3v.jpg

In addition to the Colt SAA I posted earlier, also have this Taylor Smokewagon Deluxe which is a hell of a gun

Ykbvqq1.jpg

Everyone needs some old model Single Sixes, 1956 flatgate and 1958

wgwz4TN.jpg?1

Gotta have a DA/SA 22 if you have a bunch of single actions

dWWUmaT.jpg

Edited by SRST51
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...

spacer.png

I was having a hard time getting my pride and joy to post up. Large frame 3" barrel Ruger Vaquero; 45 Colt; Super Blackhawk unflutted cylinder and hammer; custom checkered Ruger black micarta factory grips. Call her the Boarshead. She's a hand cannon made for the trail and when I'm fly fishing.

Regards 

Rod

Edited by rodteague
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Is that a 3” 10 or 13?

M-13 3" with a milled front sight(not pinned like later mfg); identical to the FBI issue. Used it qualify for my first TN carry permit back in the 90's. It was my EDC for many years and still gets special duty when I have to dress up coat and tie. My EDC now is a tool( Glock 19); figured I'd better learn to use one since literally half my students bring either a Glock or M&P to class. I have learned to love it due to it's light weight and complete utilitarian nature.

Regards

Rod

Edited by rodteague
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Garufa said:

That’s what I thought.  A much desired Smith & Wesson. 👍

Yep, it will be a heirloom piece for sure. The Irony is I sold a '86 Colt King Cobra and replaced it with the S&W M-13. I wish I still had the Cobra; who knew the snake guns would go out of production. Honestly having owned both; I much prefer the 13.

Edited by rodteague
1 hour ago, rodteague said:

spacer.png

I was having a hard time getting my pride and joy to post up. Large frame 3" barrel Ruger Vaquero; 45 Colt; Super Blackhawk unflutted cylinder and hammer; custom checkered Ruger black micarta factory grips. Call her the Boarshead. She's a hand cannon made for the trail and when I'm fly fishing.

Regards 

Rod

This is the gun I need.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SRST51 said:

This is the gun I need.

When I travel to fish the western US, Ozarks, Cumberlands, Appalatian MTNs and the Gulf Cost; It's strapped to my hip or chest. Big medicine for bear, cougar, wolves, coyotes, gators, sharks and aggressive bipeds. I hand load, so the Boarshead is just at the lower edge of 454 Casull pressure and velocity.

Humble Regards

Rod

Edited by rodteague
  • Like 1

Well, lemme see what else I've got pictures of? :confused:

My favorite carry revolver. S&W 3" Model 13-4 .357

LaoR5Tz.jpg

Russian Model 1895 Nagant Revolver

1zILEr0.jpg

S&W 4th Model .44 Hand Ejector AKA Model of 1950 Military .44 Special

7ASuTWZ.jpg

S&W Model 15-3 .38 Special

Es8ahNr.jpg

My camping/hiking gun. S&W Model 60-4 .38 Special.

M87FbnG.jpg

Custom built Model 28-2 converted to a 3" .45 Colt.

U6q7GTY.jpg

Ok, that's all I have pics of. ;)

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Performance Center Revolvers maybe?

I don’t know. I would love to have some Performance Center Revolvers from back in the day when PC meant something. But I have a PC M&P that I told the guys at S&W if it was ever in the Performance Center; in was on a cart passing through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1