Mario, Luigi, and their smaller cousin

Acquired from Best Gun Buddy.

First time out with the RDO, passed the FBI qualification.

If you're looking for an alternative striker fired, Beretta may be a good choice.

I've got the small backstraps installed.

Holsters seem to be online only with fewer options.

IMG_20200314_173442_01.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, DaveTN said:

Congrats. Are there optics in that picture? What are they?

No optics yet, was saving for a Trijicon, then stumbled across this company and ordered their pistol dot.

https://www.browe-inc.com/

I'll let you know if I spent $50 more than a Vortex or Burris.

Good news, while my $255 stimulus check is going towards my tax bill, I've still got some $$ squirrelled away for a Trijicon.

I'm opting out of Holosun on moral grounds.

Edited by A.J. Holst
1 hour ago, A.J. Holst said:

No optics yet, was saving for a Trijicon, then stumbled across this company and ordered their pistol dot.

https://www.browe-inc.com/

I'll let you know if I spent $50 more than a Vortex or Burris.

Good find, Let us know how it works. 

It looks like you can change the battery without removing the sight. I don't see any information about auto on/off, so I guess it probably doesn’t have that feature.

There is a story on TFB about it with a bunch of drama in the comments section about whether or not its really made here.

1 hour ago, A.J. Holst said:

I'm opting out of Holosun on moral grounds.

Same here. I almost had myself convinced with the reviews the Holosun was getting, it would be okay, and both my Vortex Venom and Fastfire III are made in the Philippines. But recent events snapped me back to reality.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

There is a story on TFB about it with a bunch of drama in the comments section about whether or not its really made here

At $250, I have to believe he designed it with far East manufacture.

I give Holosun credit for the dual powered and shake awake features. 

Aside from recent events, I also believe they reverse engineered the rough and tumble bits and pieces from the higher end American made products in lieu of R&D.

Good to great quality for $100-$200 less.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that sight looked cool at first glance but on closer inspection, it gets a big nope.  That battery tray is just begging to fall out.  I think a small redesign to have a mechanical lock on the side of the sight to hold in the tray would be fine.  And the fact that they gave it a water rating but no dust rating bothers me too.  I would assume that it has some level of protection against dirt/dust/sand but they didn't bother to actually test it.  

As for the APX, I've seen that cabelas has all models for $330.   Seems a bargain for a serviceable pistol. 

9 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

As for the APX, I've seen that cabelas has all models for $330.   Seems a bargain for a serviceable pistol

That seems a ridiculously low price for what you get.

Because of the generosity of my Best Gun Buddy, I have less than that in all three.

I too am curious on the dot durability. It will be depressing if he just took his name and brand of known good products to make a few quick bucks.

• Like 1