Prayers for those affected by Covid-19

Snaveba

If I am out of line starting this thread, or if it offends anyone, that is not my intention and I apologize. If it it taken down, I understand.

However, with the number of texts and calls I have received since it went public that my wife is positive and we are quarantined offering support and prayers, I thought a spot for members to post requests for prayers for friends and loved ones was in order.

No names are required (I don’t want anyone breaking HIPAA laws) just prayer requests. I believe in the power of prayer.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Most of TGO community may not affected yet, but I feel we all will be, either directly or indirectly,  in the next few weeks.

I have not been on this group nearly as long as many of you, but in short time I have been here I have met some great folks and feel I have gotten to know more just from reading posts.

Everyone take care of yourselves and loved ones. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 6
  • Admin Team

My friend’s Dad is doing quite poorly.  Her mom hasn't’ gotten testing results back yet - but expects a positive test. They’re people of deep faith - prayers are greatly appreciated regardless of the outcome. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Snaveba said:

If I am out of line starting this thread, or if it offends anyone, that is not my intention and I apologize. If it it taken down, I understand.

However, with the number of texts and calls I have received since it went public that my wife is positive and we are quarantined offering support and prayers, I thought a spot for members to post requests for prayers for friends and loved ones was in order.

No names are required (I don’t want anyone breaking HIPAA laws) just prayer requests. I believe in the power of prayer.

Hope this finds you feeling better, but it may help others who are freaking out about this to know how you have been dealing with this and what symptoms you developed.  I'll understand if you choose not to, but thought I'd ask.

I posted this elsewhere but it thought i'd share here as well:

Back around Christmas time my son and I got real sick, after attending a small gathering of friends. A few others got sick as well, with only one testing positive for the flu. I was tested twice for the flu and both times it came back negative, but it kept me home for a week, and the cough lasted for weeks afterward. A few others were worse off than us, they actually developed pneumonia from it. Since a similar bug was actually going around about that time, I am now wondering if it was this virus. I wonder if they can test for it this far from actually being sick to see if that is what it was?

Prayers for all who are being affected by this, whether by the illness itself or one of the side effects of it.  The public in general is feeling the side effects to varying degrees, some more than others depending on their situation.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

The public in general is feeling the side effects to varying degrees, some more than others depending on their situation.

You are correct, there are people that cannot handle being confined to their small world. Depression is easy to succumb to. We need to look out for our older neighbors, church members etc.

• Like 3
  • Moderators

Folks, I’d like to ask that you keep a friend, and former regular poster here, in your prayers. I won’t mention him by name, but his daughter has CF and has been getting sick. Just praying that she is able to remain well enough to stay out of the hospital and away from an increased risk of coming into contact with COVID-19. 
Thanks. 

• Like 7
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Folks, I’d like to ask that you keep a friend, and former regular poster here, in your prayers. I won’t mention him by name, but his daughter has CF and has been getting sick. Just praying that she is able to remain well enough to stay out of the hospital and away from an increased risk of coming into contact with COVID-19. 
Thanks. 

You've got it!  I'll do it right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

I’ve got an older cousin who will get out of the hospital today. She contracted it early through an unknown source.  She’s been in the hospital for 9 days. 

Glad she is getting out and on the mend

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I see it, have been exposed to it, have lost friends... folks I knew to it, but the reality of the results of the fear and evasion hit me hardest at Christmas.. My mom is almost 90.. SHARP as a razor edged tack! Still reads at least 4-6 hours every single day. I don’t know how many times she’s read her Bible cover to cover. All that said, my boys couldn’t run over and open gifts with her this year for the 1st time ever because she’s scared of catching it, and/or scared she may be getting it/passing it off to my disabled son. This virus is real, and I don’t want it, but the year of very little interaction with my nearing 90 yr old mother is something we cannot get back. Praying here daily too... The company I work for was impacted in a positive way from a business perspective - working 7-days a week with a 5-day a week crew all year. I’m 58, and this will go down as the craziest year of my life.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

Prayers for all. Grayfox54 you can fix that! Become a better one. Long lasting benefits. Bible says it is the only way with help from Jesus. 

Edited to add; The virus has brought a lot of misery to a lot of families. I and wife are fully vaxed. Lost her nephew and great nephew last year to coved. 

Edited by pop pop