Qustion about Loudon County , Tennessee.

Hi ! I am new here. My name is David .  I live in Loudon , Tennessee .  Moved here from Tampa Bay Area , Florida . My question is :   Can you fire a gun on your own property in Loudon Tennessee ?  Also , wanted to know , if you can fire a gun on Common Property in Loudon County , Tennessee 37774 ?  One of my neighbor's made the comment "  Sure, you can ! Your on your own property "   Just afraid to trust that . They have a shooting range about 14 miles away , but if I could plunk off a few rounds from my 22 , well that would be great . Thanks

First, welcome to Tennessee David. I will give you the best advice I know, check with your local sheriff. In Wilson County where I live we can shoot on our property. However if we are inside the city limits where are not allowed to shoot. I live in the county so yes I can shoot on my property.

• Like 1

Call whichever department would respond to a shot’s fired call on your property, City or County, and see what they tell you. It will take a few minutes and you will know for sure. I would guess Loudon has laws against discharging a firearm in the city limits; but that’s just a guess.

58 minutes ago, David Killinger said:

Hi ! I am new here. My name is David .  I live in Loudon , Tennessee .  Moved here from Tampa Bay Area , Florida . My question is :   Can you fire a gun on your own property in Loudon Tennessee ?  Also , wanted to know , if you can fire a gun on Common Property in Loudon County , Tennessee 37774 ?  One of my neighbor's made the comment "  Sure, you can ! Your on your own property "   Just afraid to trust that . They have a shooting range about 14 miles away , but if I could plunk off a few rounds from my 22 , well that would be great . Thanks

Hey David. I'm your neighbor in Lenoir City. As long as you have a safe backstop and you're NOT in the City Limits you should be fine.  But to be safe, give the Loudon County Sheriff a call. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Hey David. I'm your neighbor in Lenoir City. As long as you have a safe backstop and you're NOT in the City Limits you should be fine.  But to be safe, give the Loudon County Sheriff a call. 

This. And there is no "common property" like out west. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
32 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

3 minutes ago, peejman said:

This. And there is no "common property" like out west. 

This. I'm your neighbor in Lenoir City also. Welcome to TGO! 

• Like 1