No Ammo....

Unless you can’t hit the broad side of a barn while you are standing in it, or plan on firing a lot of warning shots; I fail to see the need for thousands of rounds of ammo for a SHTF scenario.

Don’t get me wrong, I have thousands of rounds, but they are for range trips. ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Unless you can’t hit the broad side of a barn while you are standing in it, or plan on firing a lot of warning shots; I fail to see the need for thousands of rounds of ammo for a SHTF scenario.

Don’t get me wrong, I have thousands of rounds, but they are for range trips. ;)

Might be a good form of currency or barter material...I shoot, but I like to rotate as I also try to keep a certain number of rounds in  stock...never really know when some kind of gun or ammo control will be implemented:  https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/breaking-city-of-champaign-illinois-using-covid-19-outbreak-to-enact-gun-control

7 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

That mostly my motivation. I like to shoot and don’t like knowing I can’t go get more. Some think a few hundred is a stock pile. One good shooting match is a few hundred rounds haha. 

It doesn't matter how well you shoot or how many thousands of rounds one has.

I have more than I'll ever shoot, in fact I still have some for sale.

We have lots of TP also, none for sale though.

The point is about availability & crazy escalating prices.

Edited by AuEagle
41 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I really thought Obama had taught us to be self sufficient. If you're not prepared I have no sympathy.

Some of us it did. For others it taught them to suck teet and whine while holding their hand out. We are seeing the results from both play out now.

• Like 7

Since I used to be in CA I have a few friends that keep me up to date.

Gun store are swamped with people buying their first gun , because of the virus . Lots and lots of liberal democrats suddenly felt the need to own a gun .

They have also purchased all the ammo they can find , there isn't any 22 rf to be found , but part of it is the threat of the no-lead ammo ban .

In case you haven't heard , they are trying to ban all lead ammo , not just hunting ammo , EVERY BIT OF LEAD AMMO . They started with the Condors for getting non lead hunting , now all of it .

Could be that a lot of it is being purchased on line , but you still have to go through an FFL , pay the Dros ( yes) background check on every ammo purchase . That can cost between $1 and $19 depending on if you have a gun registered in AFIS system or not . And some stores are charging up to $55 for receiving and holding it for 24 hours before you pick it up .

I feel sorry for them , that's why I started reloading years ago , and moved here to Free America . Hope it stays free .

Edited by Capt.Dunsel
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

SGAmmo, LuckyGunner, Ammoman…..No new orders, no availability.

Things are really getting stupid.

Remember , Luckygunner is being sued for selling ammo to an underaged boy , That shot a few people.

Edited by Capt.Dunsel
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1
  • Administrator
58 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Is Natchezss out as well?  I ordered 1000rd from them Saturday. 

Has Natchez started shipping to Tennessee?  I remember when they wouldn't, so they have never been on my list of places to check.

• Like 1
On 3/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, Raoul said:

I really thought Obama had taught us to be self sufficient. If you're not prepared I have no sympathy.

I don’t care if I ever buy any ammo again. But for those still buying, I checked Midsouth Shooters. They still had most of the popular calibers.

Edited by kentmck
Left word out
  • Like 2

Still casting and powder coating boolits, bought more 9mm nickel brass Sat.{for my 9mm pit bull] and picked up a new powder [pistol power] Friday. Make my own no need to panic. Picked up 4500 22 lr at auction in Nov. at less than three cents ea. Got a couple of revolvers since the first of the year. Probably need to order some primers, and finish my bullet trap to recycle my lead. Dug through another storage box and found a few thousand more primers that had forgot about. Will check tomorrow at Hulmes Sporting Goods to see if their powder shipment came in.

Edited by owejia
  • Like 4
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

Has Natchez started shipping to Tennessee?  I remember when they wouldn't, so they have never been on my list of places to check.

Yes they ship to TN now. I've bought ammo and other things from them. 1 day shipping for me. 

• Like 2

Gun store are swamped with people buying their first gun , because of the virus . Lots and lots of liberal democrats suddenly felt the need to own a gun .

Gee, all ti took was a world wide pandemic to make them understand they're responsible for their own safety.  :rolleyes:

As for me, I could arm a small army if it came to it. I learned from the Obama years.  ;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1