No Ammo....

Guest BCR#1
3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Gee, all ti took was a world wide pandemic to make them understand they're responsible for their own safety.  :rolleyes:

As for me, I could arm a small army if it came to it. I learned from the Obama years.  ;)

My wife finally understands why I'm always loading more ammo or coming home with more components I happen to scrounge up.

Bill

• Administrator
4 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

$550.00 for a case of green tip.

Bill

Ouch.  We need to take note of the retailers who are gouging.  I saw that Cheaper than Dirt was up to their old bull#### again with a ~$900 case of Winchester 5.56.

Seriously, #### these guys.  #### them right out of business.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 2
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Ouch.  We need to take note of the retailers who are gouging.  I saw that Cheaper than Dirt was up to their old bull#### again with a ~$900 case of Winchester 5.56.

Why am I not surprised? Oh yeah, it’s CTD, they do this whenever they can. 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Here's their current list from this URL.  CTD are a bunch of profiteering assholes.  It burns me up that they are still in business.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ammunition/rifle-ammo/.223-remington-and-5.56-nato/

cheaper than dirt price gouging 17-MAR-2020 Corona Virus Scare.jpg

Man, I‘d hate to be them were it really get to the point where we get to start wearing outfits like that other meme I posted. If there’s any group of people more deserving of being forced to run around in chained collars and gimp outfits...

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

This has to be about the 5th ammo shortage that I've lived through. 

Well evidently some people didn't take heed to the previous ones. Hence the reason to cast and reload. Plan on using this confinement to see how many projectiles I can cast.

While I am glad that there are more Americans joining the ranks of (hopefully) responsible gun ownership, I don’t feel a bit sorry for them struggling to find what they need because they waited until the last minute. Hopefully they will learn from the experience and be better prepared next time. And this whole global situation will only serve to help reinforce what all of us here know to be the truth about self reliance and not banking on the Govt to do everything for us. Clearly a lot of people think that or they would not be panic buying everything from .22 ammo to toilet paper.  Already at my work there have been guys saying “never again will I get caught with my pants down in a situation like this”. I’m not suggesting that anyone is doing this, but I think for our group here it is important for us to make sure we don’t go the route of “I told you so” (even if we are thinking it :)) and instead use this as an unprecedented opportunity to guide some of these folks down the path of self reliance and being reasonably prepared for whatever gets thrown at us next.

Ive seen a lot more privately owned guns/ammo coming available in my area and I don’t see anything at all wrong with a guy capitalizing on the extra market demand to sell what  wouldn’t move during the times of normalcy, but the straight up gouging being done by places like cheaper than dirt is just criminal. I haven’t spent a cent with them since last time they pulled this crap, and I try to warn everyone I can about places like that so we can stick it to them once things settle back down.

My boys (15&8) and I are really excited about the month they have out of school. We have a small range out behind the house and we plan to focus on going over a different gun or technique ever day. I figure between that and doing a bunch more hiking than usual we can stave off the cabin fever.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

Seriously, #### these guys.  #### them right out of business.

I remember when they did this before. Everyone was appalled and would never buy from them again. Obviously, that didn’t pan out.

• Like 3

BAHAHAHA this is amazingly funny.  Now here's the thing I also think Cheaper than Dirt are a$$holes...BUT...when they were selling 9mm for 7.99 a box and making sh*t (along with lots of other vendors)...were we lining up to take advantage and support these stores suffering from oversupply and low margins?  NO...its obvious to me that even some people on this very site learned nothing from any of the other "scares"...so I can't blame any business for making profit and margin while they can.  They aren't selling toilet paper, food, or medicine so if the sheep are stupid enough to let their wallets get slaughtered let them.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

BTW...if you were truly short-sighted enough to wait til now...hop on PSA they are still dealing out the deals as they are probably my favorite company to buy from....your welcome you ill-prepared masses..

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition/handgun-ammunition.html

I've got more ammo than I'll discuss openly, so none of this caught me off guard.  I picked up some more before the prices really went through the roof, just because I'd like to attend a class next month.  I say this to qualify the statement that my anger toward CTD doesn't come from me needing something they are gouging for now.

No, my anger for them comes from the fact that they are rapists taking advantage of the naive folks who didn't know this sort of thing happens and didn't know to prepare.  Not every shooter today was even a gun owner in 2012.  Bear that in mind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I've got more ammo than I'll discuss openly, so none of this caught me off guard.  I picked up some more before the prices really went through the roof, just because I'd like to attend a class next month.  I say this to qualify the statement that my anger toward CTD doesn't come from me needing something they are gouging for now.

No, my anger for them comes from the fact that they are rapists taking advantage of the naive folks who didn't know this sort of thing happens and didn't know to prepare.  Not every shooter today was even a gun owner in 2012.  Bear that in mind.

New shooters also may not realize that $35/box for Tula is a scam. 

• Like 4

bahaha really the new shooters....you mean all those millennials glued to their smartphones aren't capable of googling ammo sites, prices, or finding out Palmetto exists...give me a break...if your buying at CTD your lazy and ill prepared at best.  

And TGO David I know good and well that you are stockpiled like me so I wasn't referencing you.  I just get really irritated that we all love capitalism and free markets but then gripe when they do what they do...I mean you gotta take the good with the bad.  1000rds of ammo isn't the same as bread, milk, water, medicine..its a luxury honestly....ive got more then I will ever need to defend the ol house but im one of those people that can't pass up a deal.