No Ammo....

10 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

We were down to quality ammo cheap (kinda) and $400 brand new AR's. Something had to happen.

I wonder if Coronavirus will be a better gun/ammo salesman than Obama. 

I still can't wrap my head around the people carrying out cases and cases of bottled water...I mean if the commies were invading or aliens had come down...or the Russians/China EMP'd our powergrid ….we really are our own worst enemy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I still can't wrap my head around the people carrying out cases and cases of bottled water...I mean if the commies were invading or aliens had come down...or the Russians/China EMP'd our powergrid ….we really are our own worst enemy.

AMEN!!

• Like 1

I gave up on CTD many years ago. I was going to order three items. It turned out that they were all in different warehouses and CTD wanted to charge separate shipping for each one. Hell, the shipping was almost as much as the order would have been! :censored:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I remember a time when there was no such thing as bottled water except maybe tonic water or seltzer to make cocktails with until Perrier came along. Then everyone had to start buying water they’re already paying for at home or getting free anywhere they go, lol.  It really wasn’t all that long ago.

It’s amazing we survived.  

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 7
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I remember a time when there was no such thing as bottled water except maybe tonic water or seltzer to make cocktails with until Perrier came along. Then everyone had to start buying water they’re already paying for at home or getting free anywhere they go, lol.  It really wasn’t all that long ago.

It’s amazing we survived.  

I remember drinking from a garden hose! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
Guest BCR#1
2 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

I have started seeing limits on ammo in some places.

Got to protect that TP they bought!

Sportsmans Warehouse in Chattanooga has limits on firearms, ammo and reloading components.

Bill

On 3/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, Raoul said:

I really thought Obama had taught us to be self sufficient. If you're not prepared I have no sympathy.

obamma reminded us of the need to acquire more guns as well as ammo.  However, more guns without more ammo don't work.

• Like 1

I’m not participating in the crisis and have been on spring break vacation in Gatlinburg. Sales appear to be brisk at Smokey mountain knife works.  I did pick up some .22 ammo but not out of need but due to the incredible price. 

Edited by DBTN
  • Like 2
On 3/16/2020 at 4:34 PM, DaveTN said:

Unless you can’t hit the broad side of a barn while you are standing in it, or plan on firing a lot of warning shots; I fail to see the need for thousands of rounds of ammo for a SHTF scenario.

Don’t get me wrong, I have thousands of rounds, but they are for range trips. ;)

It's time for me to get an up to date inventory of my ammo.  

51 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

This is honestly the most ridiculous sh*t I have seen in awhile.  I'm about to list a ton of ammo on gunbroker...just like after Sandy Hook...people willing to pay stupid prices I might as well cash in.

I tend to go through 2-300 rounds when I go to the range. I like shooting, I tend to shoot several different distances, and I will shoot all my pistols for practice.

if there is a shortage for a bit, or if prices stay crazy, I would rather store cheaper ammo at my house rather than buy more expensive ammo. 

1 minute ago, Snaveba said:

I tend to go through 2-300 rounds when I go to the range. I like shooting, I tend to shoot several different distances, and I will shoot all my pistols for practice.

if there is a shortage for a bit, or if prices stay crazy, I would rather store cheaper ammo at my house rather than buy more expensive ammo. 

Everytime this crap happens its the same cycle...I've never ran low and I've only regretted when I didn't sell.  I'll keep enough back to fend off the horde but i'll just replace whats sold once everyone has a glut and cheap prices again as has happened in every rush this past decade.

48 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Everytime this crap happens its the same cycle...I've never ran low and I've only regretted when I didn't sell.  I'll keep enough back to fend off the horde but i'll just replace whats sold once everyone has a glut and cheap prices again as has happened in every rush this past decade.

Well, I don’t keep THAT much ammo around that I could sell some at a gain. I just like to get a deal in Ammo.