No Ammo....

Appalling that so few understand basic economics.

If it wasn't for the ability to charge higher prices in times of scarcity, there would not be anything available for those who truly need it.

We laugh at those who are desperately buying a gun and ammo when they suddenly feel danger.  But if you TRULY need a gun and don't have one, wouldn't you be willing to pay a lot more than when there is no threat?

The high prices also serve as a strong lesson that it is much cheaper to be prepared for an emergency than having to react and pay the higher prices.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, tnhawk said:

It's time for me to get an up to date inventory of my ammo.  

3 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I should do that too, but I haven't got a week to spare :D

57 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Now this I relate too! :dirty:

J. Paul Getty, when asked when he first knew that he was a billionaire, replied "if you can count your millions, you're not a billionaire".  You can paraphrase that to "if you can count your ammo, you don't have enough ..."

• Like 1

Good on you gents who keep it stacked to the ceiling. Seeing 1K rnd cases of 9mm go for $600 on GB who can blame anyone wanting to cash in those without any sense.

Thought I was in my forever house 2 years ago, was stacking it high before wife finally conceded to allow us to move out of CA. Paying to move palates of ammo (and I sold a bunch before leaving) made me rethink how much I needed for a temporary living situation and having to move it again. If this could have only been last year!.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Alpha Wolves have no need for toilet paper. 

It seems, one could bring the aforementioned garden hose thru a bathroom window and it could take care of the needs for drinking water and toilet paper around the same time. Maybe take the drink first.

• Haha 2
  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, Erich said:

Good on you gents who keep it stacked to the ceiling. Seeing 1K rnd cases of 9mm go for $600 on GB who can blame anyone wanting to cash in those without any sense.

Thought I was in my forever house 2 years ago, was stacking it high before wife finally conceded to allow us to move out of CA. Paying to move palates of ammo (and I sold a bunch before leaving) made me rethink how much I needed for a temporary living situation and having to move it again. If this could have only been last year!.

I moved all mine twice in 4 mths. I'll never move again just because of that! 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Erich said:

Good on you gents who keep it stacked to the ceiling. Seeing 1K rnd cases of 9mm go for $600 on GB who can blame anyone wanting to cash in those without sense

Hell, at that price I may just put the 1000 rounds I just bought for $220 up for sale. Now I wish I had spent $660 last sat at Natchez Shooters Supply. (Not that i had the extra $440 in my “shooting fund”)

8 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Hell, at that price I may just put the 1000 rounds I just bought for $220 up for sale. Now I wish I had spent $660 last sat at Natchez Shooters Supply. (Not that i had the extra $440 in my “shooting fund”)

You know you're part of the problem..right?

• Haha 1