No Ammo....

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

This may make some realize that some states want them banned from owning firearms that would allow them to protect themselves and their families during an emergency and won’t have the ability to respond in time to their needs.

Dave, my same liberal AZ friend was asking me about firearms, it is sinking in that .gov can't (or won't) protect you in times of emergency.

I really hate to see all this crazy stuff happening. But somehow I don't feel any compassion for the people that haven't bought at least a few guns and a few boxes of ammo over the last few years of milk and honey plenty and cheap. I recall the price gouging after Sandy Hook, I had a friend who personally saw in New Orleans gun show, bricks of .22lr going for $250, and I saw a guy on gunbroker pay $125 for 1,000 large rifle primers. We as humans are our worst enemies in times like these. People tend to panic and that doesn't solve any problems. I wouldn't doubt .22lr going thru the roof and not seeing any for a few years again. It is similar to our grandparents and some of our parents generation: keep food in your pantry in case of a snow storm, hard times or whatever. We are far from wealthy, but we keep food in our pantry, have a nice raised bed garden and we can do without toilet tissue if it comes down to that.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

We as humans are our worst enemies in times like these. People tend to panic and that doesn't solve any problems.

Sad but true. The thing that I would love to see is the media not stoking the fire with their emphasis. The psychology is hard enough to control without trying to promote more tenaion or paint a worse picture.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erich said:

Sad but true. The thing that I would love to see is the media not stoking the fire with their emphasis. The psychology is hard enough to control without trying to promote more tenaion or paint a worse picture.

28 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Yeah, the media is a little bitch. 

media-hysteria.jpg

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Yeah, the media is a little bitch. 

Fox is the only one I care to watch. All the rest are all out communists.

The media needs to keep attention away from the fact elections are only a few months away and the demorats don't have anything to promote other than remove the President.  I've heard several say they would welcome a depression if it gave them a chance to gain control of the Country.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

The media needs to keep attention away from the fact elections are only a few months away and the demorats don't have anything to promote other than remove the President.  I've heard several say they would welcome a depression if it gave them a chance to gain control of the Country.

Yeah, I forgot the Libs/Leftists/Dems are all a bunch of little bitches too.

Heres the thing...people on gunbroker are paying $250 plus shipping for 500rds of brown bear 223....no one is forcing them to pay that...they are bidding it to that.  If they want to pay it and I could use the money more then the ammo...who gets hurt?  Its not like anyone actually needs that much ammo...they aren't using it to hunt for food for their family.  They are buying it out of a lack of preparation and fear.  If they need the money in their wallet less than they need the ammo (at least in their minds) then why let CTD and companies like that make all the profit.  I can pay more principle on my mortgage and they get piece of mind at whatever they think the market value is.  To me that's a win/win.

8 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Heres the thing...people on gunbroker are paying $250 plus shipping for 500rds of brown bear 223....no one is forcing them to pay that...they are bidding it to that.  If they want to pay it and I could use the money more then the ammo...who gets hurt?  Its not like anyone actually needs that much ammo...they aren't using it to hunt for food for their family.  They are buying it out of a lack of preparation and fear.  If they need the money in their wallet less than they need the ammo (at least in their minds) then why let CTD and companies like that make all the profit.  I can pay more principle on my mortgage and they get piece of mind at whatever they think the market value is.  To me that's a win/win.

No one will know if someone does it on GB. But they will know if they do it here and won’t want to buy anything from them anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Do people think this is going to be like the last ammo shortage where it persisted for a long time after things got back to semi-normal just because people were buying from FOMO? Also, is this a possible model for the TP situation?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tnguy said:

Do people think this is going to be like the last ammo shortage where it persisted for a long time after things got back to semi-normal just because people were buying from FOMO? Also, is this a possible model for the TP situation?

Honestly this will last til whenever the Coronavirus burns itself out...then a couple months later all these vendors will get delivered their backordered pallets of ammo and be dumping them at wholesale pricing...same as always.  This rush is no different than any other mass shooting or election.  People get a bad case of FOMO and waste their money.  I think after Sandy Hook I was selling AR's for like $2,000 that were going for like $700 prior to on GB...my only regret was not selling every gun I had at that time.  Gun owners can either take lessons from the past or just keep wasting money...most seem content to waste money.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, DaveTN said:

No one will know if someone does it on GB. But they will know if they do it here and won’t want to buy anything from them anymore.

It depends I guess...lots of people on this board have said that about CTD after every price gouge yet tons of members on here still buy from those a$$holes.

30 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Not me. 

me either...but we have seen plenty of other members tout the great deals they received from them.  It is what it is.  Everyone has a choice whether to pay exorbitant pricing or wait for better days.  I mean really does anyone here actually think they are gonna need another 500 rounds of ammo to fight off what?  TP Looters, Sick Coronavirus patients that can't even breathe, I mean whats the impetus for hoarding ammo of all a sudden?  During Sandy Hook it was the possibility of losing the ability to purchase an AR...I mean there was a little bit of reason to that argument...but now?  I mean really...ask yourself why the hell you need more ammo then you had 3 weeks ago?  I guarantee most can't come up with any logical explanation or reason. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I mean really...ask yourself why the hell you need more ammo then you had 3 weeks ago?  I guarantee most can't come up with any logical explanation or reason. 

So true, what are you gonna do shoot the virus?? I think it is wise to have some ammo on hand for a rainy day. For some that is 1000, for some 100,000. That isn't my business nor do I care. In a SHTF scenario unless you are in a tank or armored vehicle I doubt you are going to shoot more than 3 or 4 mags before getting shot yourself. You see it ain't like deer hunting as they don't shoot back.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I mean really...ask yourself why the hell you need more ammo then you had 3 weeks ago?  I guarantee most can't come up with any logical explanation or reason. 

Because I was running low from range time. I had been holding out to get some for AuEagle but I could never work out a business trip the K-ville. 

1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

It depends I guess...lots of people on this board have said that about CTD after every price gouge yet tons of members on here still buy from those a$$holes.

Never bought a damn thing from them assholes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, Magiccarpetrides said:

I thought the same as I watched everyone go OOS. it was a WTH moment. Maybe more so on the TP.  The reason it strikes us so odd, is I doubt folks here tend to be the ones that get drawn into mass hysteria or panics.

But there is one group it made sense for that I would not lump in with the crazies. It has proven both smart and legitimate. High volume shooters of rounds they choose not to reload. Buying as a hedge for forward looking price protection. Those who recognized the level of hysteria right away and did not underestimate human nature. If we were thinking the above (I did), we underestimated both. And their rational isn't one of panic hoarding or reselling, but managing finances around their hobby over a period of time.

For example, just saw SG, who I am sure most of us love, is asking $250 for 1k rounds of 9mm Blazer brass that just a couple weeks ago they were getting $160 or $170. Midway just put up a bunch of Winchester 5.56 at a similar premium.

How smart a hedge will end up being based how quick the volume recovery is. While the ammo manufacturers said they are adding production, I doubt it will be sustained to create the level of glut based on their recent lumps and leanings from the post Sandy hook glut and manage volumes a bit more this time. Not to mention we dont have the anti-gun threats of that time frame that kept buying pressure up.

• Like 3
On 3/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, Magiccarpetrides said:

Not this a$$hole. I'm a spiteful son of a biatch with a long memory.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
Guest BCR#1
17 hours ago, Raoul said:

Not this a$$hole. I'm a spiteful son of a biatch with a long memory.

Same here big guy. I also don't need to buy any components as I stocked up years ago. Long range planning ain't the strong suit for a lot of people these days.

Bill