No Ammo....

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

This doesn’t sound like an ammo shortage. 

Theres not just silly peoples irrational FOMO.  Just like TP there would be plenty for everyone if a bunch of jacka$$es that never buy during normal times didn't rush to buy way more then they will use or shoot in a year or more.  However...maybe just maybe (but probably not likely) some people will finally learn their lesson and keep better personal inventory when it comes to guns, ammo, and TP (I always have 2 SAM's mega packs in the garage cause why not?).

28 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Theres not just silly peoples irrational FOMO.  Just like TP there would be plenty for everyone if a bunch of jacka$$es that never buy during normal times didn't rush to buy way more then they will use or shoot in a year or more.  However...maybe just maybe (but probably not likely) some people will finally learn their lesson and keep better personal inventory when it comes to guns, ammo, and TP (I always have 2 SAM's mega packs in the garage cause why not?).

Dude...I never figured you for an optimist😷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, Magiccarpetrides said:

It depends I guess...lots of people on this board have said that about CTD after every price gouge yet tons of members on here still buy from those a$$holes.

I wouldn't pay shipping if ctd gave ammo away.

• Like 1

Pardon my ignorance but haven't been buying much ammo past couple of years because of a decent stockpile I've built up between ammo/gun scares. plus I have zero time to practice with two jobs so it hasn't shrank much.

What was the just before Corona and now price on non bulk, cheap, basic "off the shelf per box" FMJ for..... 

223/556, 22, 9mm, 38, 7.62/39 ?? If it was on the shelf now of course! 

Edited by OLDNEWBIE

Well, as an example, Tula 9mm steel case was typical 8.99 or less a box of 50.  Sometimes even 7.99 per box. CTD has it currently at 11.60/box. However, the Tuesday before last (March17) when everyone was freaking out, CTD had it listed for $34/box. 

• Wow 1
8 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I'm surprised anyone is surprised about the price gouging. Capitalism at its finest.

I agree and have been in agreement!  We don't have to like it but again Capitalism is one of the pillar's of this fine country so to say it shouldn't be allowed or whatever is kinda like smacking Lady Liberty in the face.  Like most things people like to conveniently forget you gotta take the good and the bad even if it does apply to guns and ammo.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I agree and have been in agreement!  We don't have to like it but again Capitalism is one of the pillar's of this fine country so to say it shouldn't be allowed or whatever is kinda like smacking Lady Liberty in the face.  Like most things people like to conveniently forget you gotta take the good and the bad even if it does apply to guns and ammo.

Pays to be a boy scout....

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like SGAMMO is taking orders again, however, this from their email blast....

A lot has changed in the ammo business over the past 40 days as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. Supply has been badly diminished, and bottlenecks in manufacturing and distribution will continue cause shortages for months yet to come. From what I am seeing the worst is yet to come on ammunition availability which I believe will reach its worst in the next 30 to 90 days. The buyer's market conditions which I have talked about in so many prior newsletters that brought ammo prices to 12 year lows in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 have passed. I hope most people followed my advise in the past and stocked up while supply and prices were at their best. At this time supply has for the most part been bought up, most ammo factories and importers have done substantial price increases, and moving forward availability will be limited to what the factories can make and allocate to their distributors. Covid-19 has caused some ammunition factories in Europe and Russia to close and / or reduce production, and most likely that will spill over here to some of the manufacturers in the USA at some point. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Looks like SGAMMO is taking orders again, however, this from their email blast....

A lot has changed in the ammo business over the past 40 days as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. Supply has been badly diminished, and bottlenecks in manufacturing and distribution will continue cause shortages for months yet to come. From what I am seeing the worst is yet to come on ammunition availability which I believe will reach its worst in the next 30 to 90 days. The buyer's market conditions which I have talked about in so many prior newsletters that brought ammo prices to 12 year lows in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 have passed. I hope most people followed my advise in the past and stocked up while supply and prices were at their best. At this time supply has for the most part been bought up, most ammo factories and importers have done substantial price increases, and moving forward availability will be limited to what the factories can make and allocate to their distributors. Covid-19 has caused some ammunition factories in Europe and Russia to close and / or reduce production, and most likely that will spill over here to some of the manufacturers in the USA at some point. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse.

They had to take their website down due to the volume that their email created. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Raoul said:

After the Obama years it is beyond my comprehension why anyone is not at least marginally prepared.

Exactly. I do however feel for those just getting into it due to late interest or just becoming old enough to purchase. They sure missed out on a lot of cheap and easily available ammo!

• Like 1

It’ll come back around it always does.  People just need to learn their damn lesson.  Ammo has been so dirt cheap for so long...if you didn’t have ample supply don’t blame anyone for raising their prices man up and take the blame....kind of like people that complain about how little they get on social security but never saved a dime for retirement their working years.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

They had to take their website down due to the volume that their email created. 

Perhaps that is exactly what it was designed to do. Remember, these places have been sitting on major stockpiles of cheap guns and ammo, ever since Trump beat the pants suit off Hillary over 3 years ago. I can't think of a better way to move it all.... And at a tidy profit as well.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

So is the ammo shortage over? Or is it like tp, some have ample stock and some don't? Have been waiting on a shipment of powder to Hulmes Sporting goods store in Paris for over a month now.

I was in Dunhams Sports in Columbia, Tn. the other day, and they had plenty of Federal 9mm ammo. It wasn’t cheap, I believe around 12.99 a box, but they had plenty.