No Ammo....

Bu y what you want. As for the price gouging. I have no respect.

17 minutes ago, Erich said:

I think the problem is actually those willing to pay it. Don't they make the market?

So this is where we are?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CTD asking $35 for a box of 50 Tula 9mm, is price gouging, and taking advantage of folks in a panic and don’t know better.

Folks bidding up a 1000round box of 9mm to $600 is supply and demand.

Is it stupid for someone to pay that much, probably. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Yet there is always a sleazy neckbeard or disreputable company taking advantage of them.  What is worse?

Curious,  why are you not jumping on those here who said they might do that, or are they on your buddy list?? If you find it so appalling? 

You cant stop people from sucking, can you? There will always be those that take advantage, no one is saying saying it's right.  The point that you and raoul are missing is that people can control their behavior, you cant control the unethical. If they choose not buy...does that not stop the problem?

Sound like personal accountability is something neither of you get in this equation. Right or wrong is something else and a tangent to that point.

ALL markets are created by the CONSUMER, not the seller. 

I suppose you guys also prescribe to the idea that  gun manufactures cause mass killings, not those actually doing it. If they didn't decide to shoot people, would that problem go away? Or did Colt, s&w, etc force them to do just like the GB guy forced that guy 2000 miles away on his computer to hit the bid button??

As someone in this thread wisely put it, we are our own worst enemy. But no doubt it seems certain folks to blame others for their decisions.

To be clear, I dont support the practice. Just like those running around buying all the TP first thing in the AM before those in need get it. But I realize without militia stepping up to stop it, or martial law, the idiots paying $100 for 6 rolls are making these asses do it. And if they didnt, they wouldnt. Same as those paying 600 for 200 worth of ammo.

Edited by Erich
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Erich said:

Curious,  why are you not jumping on those here who said they might do that, or are they on your buddy list?? If you find it so appalling? 

You cant stop people from sucking, can you? There will always be those that take advantage, no one is saying saying it's right.  The point that you and raoul are missing is that people can control their behavior, you cant control the unethical. If they choose not buy...does that not stop the problem?

Sound like personal accountability is something neither of you get in this equation. Right or wrong is something else and a tangent to that point.

I suppose you guys also prescribe to the idea that  gun manufactures cause mass killings, not those actually doing it. If they didn't decide to shoot people, would that problem go away? Or did Colt, s&w, etc force them to do just like the GB guy forced that guy 2000 miles away on his computer to hit the bid button??

As someone in this thread wisely put it, we are our own worst enemy. But no doubt it seems certain folks to blame others for their decisions.

Thanks Erich for enlightening me. I think you've helped me come to decision I've been mulling over.

So screw the bunch of you and adios.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Erich said:

To be clear, I dont support the practice. Just like those running around buying all the TP first thing in the AM before those in need get it. But I realize without militia stepping up to stop it, or martial law, the idiots paying $100 for 6 rolls are making these asses do it. And if they didnt, they wouldnt. Same as those paying 600 for 200 worth of ammo.

First of all, you are way out of line and on the verge of ranting.

Secondly, people that go buy up stuff at retail prices only to turn it around the next day at massive profit during times of demand are scum.  Period.  

Thirdly, businesses that jack prices to exorbitant levels during times of need are equally scumish and lack any level of ethics or morality.

TBC

Edited by Garufa
8 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Secondly, people that go buy up stuff at retail prices only to turn it around the next day at massive profit during times of demand are scum.  Period.  

Thirdly, businesses that jack prices to exorbitant levels during times of need are equally scumish and lack any level of ethics or morality.

TBC

I think we all agree to that.  

On your first,  see it how you choose. I have no gauge for offense. It's not intended. It's a counterpoint. You seem to reply to my items to agitate just as much,  if not exclusively. If this gave you what you were hoping for on the TBC. Your welcome, but I hope all sides are looked at in it.

I think we are all getting a little too worked up here.

Did I inadvertently stir the pot by saying (a bit tongue in cheek) that i should sell the ammo I just bought for profit, probably. 

i think we all might agree that A retailer raising ammo prices by 350% (A la CTD) is a bit over the top and price gouging.

But also, if folks are willing to pay exorbitant prices for ammo, that is in them regardless of if it is retail or an auction.

I don’t know about all of you, but I know my anxiety levels are on a roller coaster with all the news and crap and it effects my moods. 

I have some put back but not as much reloading supplies as I would like. I stopped in at my LGS today and they had no 9mm FMJ or 45FMJ left also no 223/556 except for some hunting loads. She said it was selling fast. What they had on the shelf was all they had left.

8 hours ago, 1gewehr said:

Appalling that so few understand basic economics.

If it wasn't for the ability to charge higher prices in times of scarcity, there would not be anything available for those who truly need it.

We laugh at those who are desperately buying a gun and ammo when they suddenly feel danger.  But if you TRULY need a gun and don't have one, wouldn't you be willing to pay a lot more than when there is no threat?

The high prices also serve as a strong lesson that it is much cheaper to be prepared for an emergency than having to react and pay the higher prices.

Exactly.  A fair price is whatever a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept.  

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Snaveba said:

CTD?

CTD?   I remember buying from them before they decided to gouge their customers several years ago.  If they sold ammo at 1 cent a round I could never bring myself to order from them again.

• Like 4

People are complete idiots. Ever since Trump won the election, guns and ammo have been cheap, and plentiful as dirt. Did they take advantage of the supply and cheap prices? Hell, no. They all waited, and now they're all running over each other, emptying the shelves of everything. Idiots all!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tnhawk said:

CTD?   I remember buying from them before they decided to gouge their customers several years ago.  If they sold ammo at 1 cent a round I could never bring myself to order from them again.

1. You know what? I used to be one of those people who was all over CTD every time they did this. But no longer. I don't blame them. Not one bit. If the public is stupid enough to act this way, then they deserve it. Seriously. And they've done it several times in the last decade regarding guns and ammunition. Starting way back when Obama got elected, and several times since.

Time after time they do nothing until something like this happens, then run out in a panic and decide to buy. Not a single ounce of foresight, or common sense among the whole idiotic bunch. So the hell with them. They're ripe for picking, and they all deserve to be picked clean. They all seem to make a profession out of acting like unprepared fools. CTD simply proves it. And why shouldn't they? These nit wits don't deserve a break. They live their lives in a cloud of ignorance, then start running around in a blind panic, screaming at the sky as soon as something gets the slightest bit out of whack.

Guns, ammo, magazines were all quite literally, "dirt cheap", ever since Trump won the election. Did they buy when all of these good prices and selection were available? No. So then let the stupid idiots pay through the nose now. I no longer look at it as, "price gouging". I see it as idiots paying what they deserve to pay, for exercising their right to be idiots. The old saying is as true today, as it was long ago. "Run with the sheep, and you will be slaughtered".
  • Thanks 1

Spirited thread for sure!

I'm sure we could find similar responses to the scumbag resellers during the Obama scare.

If the consumer is willing to pay triple retail, so be it.

For CTD, I boycotted them during Obama, they jacked KCI M1 carbine mags three fold overnight.

Have never looked back.

Like many, I don't have enough ammo, but enough to keep me safe for a while.

More than enough to go house-to-house capturing toilet paper.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Raoul said:

Thanks Erich for enlightening me. I think you've helped me come to decision I've been mulling over.

So screw the bunch of you and adios.

12 hours ago, Garufa said:

No need for that now @Raoul.  You know how it is with some.

2nd that. 

This all reminds me of the 5 year long .22 ammo shortage, that all started with the Sandy Hook shooting. Every day you had all of these old, bored retired guys waiting in line at the sporting goods counter at their local Wal-Mart. All waiting to buy their daily allotment of 2 bricks of .22 ammo. They were all either stockpiling it in their basements. Or else reselling it at gun shows and swap meets for triple what they paid for it.

Now there's .22 ammo up the wazoo... Or at least was until this insanity started. It's not the Coronavirus that scares me. It's all the idiots responding to it with their lunatic mentality. This morning I was going to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I got there 3 or 4 minutes before they opened at 7:00 AM, and they were lined up around the store. I made a U-Turn and went home. I don't need to put up with that silly bull$h!t.

Fist fights over toilet paper? They're all nuts! I told my wife to start ordering that kind of stuff on line. I don't care if it costs more, or if I have to pay shipping. It's better than shopping with a bunch of crazy idiots.

• Like 4
Another thing is people refuse to apply common sense. There is a delicate balance here. For example, doctors have said repeatedly that it serves no purpose to wear a mask, unless you're already sick. Yet I was in the local grocery store and saw countless people wearing them. Then we wonder why there is a shortage of them?

I went to fuel up my vehicles yesterday, and the guy at the counter had a bucket full of something that he was washing his hands in after he waited on every person. This crap was dripping everywhere, all over the floor and counter. And he was taking so long to do it, the line was backing up with customers, exposing more people to each other. If he was so damn worried, all he had to do was wear a pair of rubber gloves.

The fact is well meaning people are running around scared, and they're NOT making wise decisions in their actions. My grocery store said they were, "conserving plastic bags". For what, I have no idea. You either have bags, or you don't.

So I had to wait, again as the line backed up with people standing next to each other, all breathing down each others neck, while she hunted around for a box to put my food in.

This is just plain stupid, people. It is accomplishing nothing. If anything it's making matters worse. The biggest thing that seems to be contagious about this virus, is how idiotic it is making people think and act.... And I live in a sleepy little desert town of 50,000 people, that has not has a single reported case. Common sense is no longer common, that's for damn sure!
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

I'd guess some in NY would like to acquire guns and ammo even at highly inflated prices.

This may make some realize that some states want them banned from owning firearms that would allow them to protect themselves and their families during an emergency and won’t have the ability to respond in time to their needs.

• Like 2