Is pulling your boat to the lake, non-essential??

7 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Ok Dave I undestand you are former LE, is pulling a boat considered essential according to Gov. Lee? Really curious.

I was just having fun with it. I have no idea what the Governor considers to be essential.

My WAG would be it would depend on who you are, who owns the boat and where its being pulled to. ;)

3 hours ago, chances R said:

I believe that driving for a recreational purpose is listed under essential activity.  Keeping social distance in mind.  Based on that, and that it is an individual recreational activity, there is a turkey in trouble Sat.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/covid-19.html

So does this pertain the latest stay at home order? My boat is already on the river in a slip. I was planning to do some fishing tomorrow. Dont want to get intercepted :hiding:

I’m not exactly staying at home if I’m on the river...

Edited by Wingshooter

Another component to all this is getting food is an essential activity. That includes fishing!  I won’t be able to go this weekend but will try next weekend. I have family land with a nice lake on it and we have to pull out 400lbs of bass under 13” to keep it balanced. My only thing is all my fishing equipment is at our farm so if I get pulled over it might be tough to explain. Lol 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I think I'm mostly amazed that you guys don't take this seriously. Hope your families don't regret your lack of responsibly.

How am I any more likely to catch a virus towing my boat to the lake, sitting in my boat fishing, and towing it back home all by myself, than sitting around the house?

You’ve always seemed reasonable in the past. What gives?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I think I'm mostly amazed that you guys don't take this seriously. Hope your families don't regret your lack of responsibly.

Ok explain why the list of essential items says, kayaking, hiking etc. etc. as long as social distancing is applied? Less harmful than going to the grocery store or the pharmacy?? I am taking it seriously. And seriously it seems as though the "medical experts" are pulling the speech of the day out of there butts. 1st don't need a mask unless you are sick, now well maybe a mask is ok, but we need to keep them for the medical professionals. Plus the fact they don't care if old people die, we are taking the precious money out of social security although we and are employers put it all in!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Ok explain why the list of essential items says, kayaking, hiking etc. etc. as long as social distancing is applied? Less harmful than going to the grocery store or the pharmacy?? I am taking it seriously. And seriously it seems as though the "medical experts" are pulling the speech of the day out of there butts. 1st don't need a mask unless you are sick, now well maybe a mask is ok, but we need to keep them for the medical professionals. Plus the fact they don't care if old people die, we are taking the precious money out of social security although we and are employers put it all in!!

Dude, do as you like. Oh and bite me. I hope fishing is more important than your family. Be a man.

7 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Dude, do as you like. Oh and bite me. I hope fishing is more important than your family. Be a man.

Really? But in another thread you take your dog out walking a couple of times a day. Oh the shame you out of your house.

4 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Really? But in another thread you take your dog out walking a couple of times a day. Oh the shame you out of your house.

You're right . I'm wrong. Apparently this forum has been taken over by idiots who think fishing is essential. Best of luck to you and yours and adios to all.

9 hours ago, Raoul said:

If you took the C19 issue as serious as YOU say guys who go fishing should then maybe you should not go driving around doing your appraisal work.  While doing your "drive-bys" as you call them, you could be involved in a vehicle accident and cause injury, forcing someone to go to a hospital, and potentially increase the risk exposing them to the C19 virus.  

Just because you don't enjoy the sport of fishing,  be a man and don't criticize someone else doing something that is currently legal.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Raoul said:

You're right . I'm wrong. Apparently this forum has been taken over by idiots who think fishing is essential. Best of luck to you and yours and adios to all.

I don’t own a boat. I did own a boat once. But I discovered a boat is a hole in the water where you throw money. I don’t fish either. I don’t have the patience. ;)

No need to leave. You can stay here with us no boating, no fishing, no out running all over the place guys. :cheers:

• Like 1

1) If you can navigate to a ramp that is open and keep a C19 safe distance while launching, you will encounter way less people than picking up fish at the grocery store.

2) Emotional health is recognized by the administration as something that is important - thus the allowance to be outside and boat and canoe and kayak... etc.  

3) Stay away from people.  Don't congregate.  Don't interact.   That is the spirit of the order.  If you can do that and fish, great.  If you can't, then don't.

It seems that "throwing words at each other" is a time-honored traditional form of recreation, ... hahahaha... and it may be helpful.    who knows!?

• Like 1