Are matches being canceled because of coronavirus virus in your area!

I shoot both USPSA and IDPA.  So far the only matches that have been canceled in the Memphis area are the evening IDPA indoor matches at TWRA.  Weekend matches at Memphis Sports Shooting Association are still on for this weekend at this time.  I was on Brains Forum and see that Kentucky Low Cap Sectional USPSA Championship and the Hawaii State USPSA matched have been rescheduled or postponed.  The next national match I am scheduled to shoot is the Razorback Shootout April 25 at CASA in Little Rock.  So far no rescheduling or cancellation at this time.

Edited by The Legion

Looks like all rifle and shotgun matches at MSSA are cancelled this weekend.  IDPA and USPSA are still on as far as I know, so apparently match directors are cancelling matches, not the MSSA front office.  I plan to go play with a bolt gun and let my daughter shoot an AR next week, so hopefully the whole range is not closed by then.  

I would imagine we'll get an email update from the Razorback guys soon.  They are probably still in wait-and-see mode and I can't blame them.  

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I think most everything is being cancelled to get people to stay home. But this shows the place you are asking about. Cancellations are on the home page.

http://memphis-ssa.net/

CASA outside Little Rock is the one we are wondering about.  MSSA is our home range and if IDPA or USPSA gets cancelled there, we'll know before MSSA does, unless MSSA is cancelling all matches (which is not yet the case). 

Edited by deerslayer

I just went to the IDPA webpage and this is their statement on holding IDPA matches.

The International Defensive Pistol Association is closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation. It is our position that members, club contacts, and match directors should monitor this situation and stay in touch with their host ranges. We are not going to make any formal policy or recommendations as to whether matches should be held or canceled. We feel that it is up to the individual to decide whether or not they wish to compete in any match, sanctioned or local. We also hope that our membership is courteous enough to stay at home and away from match environments if they have any symptoms or feel like they may have been exposed. It is up to match directors to decide whether or not to hold their matches. Members should continually monitor their preferred sources of information. We at Headquarters hope that all our members are safe, healthy and prepared.

I just received the message also.  Here is the message.

Guys and Gals, after discussing the current situation with Walt Sawher, our VP of Action Pistol, we have decide that for multiple reasons, it would be prudent to cancel this month's MSSA IDPA match scheduled for tomorrow, March 21st, 2020. There is no way to maintain a 6 ft distance and successfully run the match as an SO, and due to the delayed onset of symptoms of the coronavirus, we don't want to risk anyone infecting the rest of the group. It is unfortunate that this decision has to be made, but we'd rather be safe than sorry. Enjoy your weekend!

Chris Jamison

MSSA IDPA Match Director

8 hours ago, et45 said:

Cleveland has canceled all matches for March.I went up there today to practice and I was the only one there the entire time about 90 minutes.Folks are hoarding their ammo😂

April matches have also been cancelled along with club meetings and special events.

Hopefully, ranges don't start closing their whole operation.  I'm off next week (preplanned) and I could use the down time to load a stack of .40 ammo.  BUT I'm about to open a new can of powder, so before I pile up, I need to load a few and go chronograph to check for lot-to-lot variation.  The clock is ticking, lol. 

The March USPSA match At Middle Tennessee Sporting Association (28th) will be canceled and push back to April 25th.  The IDPA match scheduled for April 4th is also canceled and moved back to May 2nd. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Robert Standley

1 hour ago, The Legion said:

I just received an email that the Memphis Sport Shooting Association will be closed as of 3/25/20.

Thanks for posting this, I was going to try to get out there sometime this week. I can't understand why they're closing, it's not like people are shoulder to shoulder out there. 

I forgot to notify them of my change of e-mail so once again, thank for posting.

Received this email from Top Gun in Memphis

TopGun's showroom is still open to sell guns and ammunition. The indoor shooting ranges have been temporary closed until further notice. During this time we ask our customers to continue practicing in safe and healthy protocols. Our customer's health is our highest priority.

New Hours: 
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday: Closed

The 2020 Razorback Shootout Match in Little Rock has been moved to July 18th.

CASA-IDPA 2020 Razorback Shootout Tier 3
With ongoing health concerns associated with the Covid-19 virus, CASA has rescheduled the 2020 Razorback Shootout for July 17th for Staff and July 18th for competitors. We are updating Practiscore and everyone will be in the match in the same squad you requested. There is no need for you to register for the rescheduled date. Anyone not able to attend the match will receive a full refund. With this rescheduling of the match, we hope this will allow time for you to adjust your travel plans and join us in July.

On behalf of the entire CASA membership, we wish you and your families health and safety during these difficult times!

Respectfully,
Craig Robbins
CASA IDPA Match Director