Deals forum?

Erich

Is there interest in creating a deals forum for folks to post good values / deals they find in their interweb travels? Similar in concept to the Black Friday threads that get started, but a dedicated area . In times like this, it may be helpful to have a central place

Ran across what seemed like a reasonable deal on 308, but wasnt sure where the best home for it would be, seemed out of place in Classifieds and occurs to me not all members have access to post there. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, AuEagle said:

I seem to recall that some people listed good ammo deals in the ammunition & reloading area.

I was thinking of all kinds of items, including guns and possibly others. Survival gear, Cigars and electronics if they are received well subject to what others input. Other places I’ve seen em tend to be 90% firearms related though, so others are limited. We probably tend to have the same affectations 😉

3 hours ago, TGO David said:

What if I set it up as a Benefactor Only forum?

Having one anywhere would be great. Guess it’s a question of having it be restricted. Good incentive for sure, but less traffic and limits those that can post items found. Imagine if you have stats on active members and percentage that are benefactors, you can make a call. Or just see if you get requests later to move it public.

Thanks for considering it 👍

• Like 1
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Yeah I was just thinking of it being a reward for the folks who help keep TGO going.  But I'm cool with it being either way.

More beneficial to all members vs only benefactors?

Could potentially detract value of Vendors?

Personally I say for everyone.

• Administrator
On 3/22/2020 at 10:28 AM, Erich said:

I was thinking of all kinds of items, including guns and possibly others. Survival gear, Cigars and electronics if they are received well subject to what others input. Other places I’ve seen em tend to be 90% firearms related though, so others are limited. We probably tend to have the same affectations 😉

Having one anywhere would be great. Guess it’s a question of having it be restricted. Good incentive for sure, but less traffic and limits those that can post items found. Imagine if you have stats on active members and percentage that are benefactors, you can make a call. Or just see if you get requests later to move it public.

Thanks for considering it 👍

I am going to add another forum in that group for non-firearms related.  Cigars, toilet paper, good whiskey, etc.  ;)

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, TGO David said:

Sadly the deals forum doesn't seem to be getting much action.  :(

It's okay, give it some time to grow up and get a bit more comfortable in its own skin. That's what worked for me.

Well... maybe not so much...

• 11 months later...

Appears the deals area has been nixed when I was about to post a deal on AR lower receivers.

In retrospect, it was obviously a bad time to initiate it as the pandemic was starting up and buying frenzies drove ALL retailers to pretty much stop offering discounts, making it moot subject area.

Can it be reconsidered now that it may be a viable area again over the next few weeks?

1 minute ago, Erich said:

I'm started to see them with the pandemic frenzy drawing down. All good, it was a thought. I'll share elsewhere.

No sir. I’d love to see some deals. What I meant was I haven’t personally found amy worth sharing.