Rand Paul test positive for Coronavirus

Links2k

Apparently he wasn't even showing symptoms but got tested "out of an abundance of caution". This is exactly what Pence said not to do yesterday. It's interesting how all these celebrities/athletes/politicians have no issues getting the tests.  

He's one of the few Senators that gets it right more than he gets it wrong though. I hope he continues to be symptom free. It makes me wonder how many of us have it without realizing it. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

It makes me wonder how many of us have it without realizing it. 

Hundreds of thousands. 

A 3rd grader at a nearby school tested positive 10 days ago and it's just now hit the news.  Given what we know about where and how the virus spreads, that means thousands of local people have been exposed.  Yet we're not seeing much in the way of sickness at this point. 

https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/news/mother-of-vonore-child-with-covid-19-wants-others-to-take-it-seriously/51-d413f197-e1f0-4ae8-b4e2-1ae79267cc93

• Like 1

I had the “flu” two weeks ago without having plaice flu test. I have a very congested cough which flu is usually dry. I wonder if I had it. No way to know. I did fly through ATL where at least one known positive was in the airport that day. I’d say if we tested everyone it’d be shocking the number of positives 

• Like 1

Dont dig too deep or you'll find out this $hit was lingering in Wuhan and I assume other areas at Thanksgiving but our Asian comrades were content to keep it from us. If you can get past the hype theres a more relevant reason why Italy is so inundated with it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lumber_Jack said:

I had the “flu” two weeks ago without having plaice flu test. I have a very congested cough which flu is usually dry. I wonder if I had it. No way to know. I did fly through ATL where at least one known positive was in the airport that day. I’d say if we tested everyone it’d be shocking the number of positives 

A friend's wife is an ER nurse. Since they have nothing to do at work these days, they got to thinking. A very nasty version of the crud passed through here in January. Mild fever, cough, congestion, all the usual stuff.  So they convinced themselves they've already had it. Time will tell if they're right or wrong. 

Edited by peejman
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, peejman said:

A friend's wife is an ER nurse. Since they have nothing to do at work these days, they got to thinking. A very nasty version of the crud passed through here in January. Mild fever, cough, congestion, all the usual stuff.  So they convinced themselves they've already had it. Time will tell if they're right or wrong. 

I have heard this from many many people in the medical field. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, peejman said:

I have a good friend in the Crossville area. As I do from time to time I called in a favor and he was bed ridden with something whoopin the bejesus out of him. This was back around Christmas when all love up on family , party, etc. He was passing it off as a bad flu or cold , etc. After this stuff showed up hes convinced this was it.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, peejman said:

This observation shared by many people all over the country.

• Like 3

It might be possible but unless they had the exact symptoms I bet it wasn't COVID 19. I've been watching the situation in Italy and most of their patients are on ventalators. 

But I agree there are thousands of people that have it and don't realize it.

• Like 1