Jump to content
DaveTN

Coronavirus: The cure can’t be worse than the problem!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

HGS9tpV.png

Proof that someone will make a meme out of anything to say what they want.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Proof that someone will make a meme out of anything to say what they want.

I really don't want to like this...but it's just so darn good I have to! lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Proof that someone will make a meme out of anything to say what they want.

I thought that was the whole idea with memes...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

About this emergency 2.2 Trillion Bill Trump just signed, the first of many I might add, Remember what the great prophet George Carlin once said.

"The word bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out."

I'm not saying something had to be done quickly because the switch was flipped on our economy but this is too much and did the switch need to really be switched off on such a broad scale? Targeted voluntary financial support and isolation for the elderly and high risk would have been and still is the way to go IMHO! Cheaper and more effective! I'm really hoping Trump will find a way to do this with all the pressure he's under.

And now we hear more States are putting up roadblock checkpoints?! In my second job I'm considered an essential so they gave me a paper to show authorities why I'm on the road if it ever gets to that. Is it really possible I might get stopped by a uniformed authority and asked that familiar question from 1940s Germany? ..."Show me your papers".

Oh well, multi-thousand dollar checks are on the way to everyone and more money promised. That should quiet the people down for awhile. 

 

he word bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.

— George Carlin
Edited by OLDNEWBIE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Targeted voluntary financial support and isolation for the elderly and high risk would have been and still is the way to go IMHO! Cheaper and more effective! I'm really hoping Trump will find a way to do this with all the pressure he's under.

That's pretty much whats being discussed now.  Of course if he suggests it; he murdering war vets.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Garufa said:

Is this how this massive stimulus bill is supposed to work?  Deducting from wages based on what the guvment is about to send out...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-stimulus-money-company-paychecks

No, but I can totally see companies getting away with it for lack of laws preventing the move.

I get that companies are looking at some abhorrent income statements now and for a while to come, but this is just the wrong side of clever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appeared most of Knoxville ignored the social distancing rules yesterday. Cruz Farm on Gay St had a line out the door for people buying "essential" ice cream. Every park was full. People were hanging out in the parking lots in camping chairs. 

Does anyone feel like our numbers are accurate? We are reporting 1,512 total cases. It seems that even with people ignoring the rules TN isn't really seeing that many cases. I'm not sure what to conclude from that but Bill Lee is catching a ton of grief online for not doing more. Seems like a mandatory quarantine would almost be overkill for us at this point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It appeared most of Knoxville ignored the social distancing rules yesterday. Cruz Farm on Gay St had a line out the door for people buying "essential" ice cream. Every park was full. People were hanging out in the parking lots in camping chairs. 

Does anyone feel like our numbers are accurate? We are reporting 1,512 total cases. It seems that even with people ignoring the rules TN isn't really seeing that many cases. I'm not sure what to conclude from that but Bill Lee is catching a ton of grief online for not doing more. Seems like a mandatory quarantine would almost be overkill for us at this point. 

"Essential Ice cream" I hear you, Cookeville about the same. People are just going through the motions. Too many businesses doing half measures. All the take out at Restaurants. People grocery shopping with their kids. If your out touching doors and surfaces your spreading however.....

I do believe the elderly for the most part are self quarantining more. I do see a lot of hand sanitizing. There are less cars on the road. Churches are empty too. All this has to help slow the spread and keep the heat off the hospitals. Now that the word is out for all the elderly and high risk folks who want to live. Maybe we can START the economy back up by Easter and let the rest of us catch this virus or not just like we do with the flu until a vaccine is made.

Start the economy that is if people who end up making more sitting home with an additional  $600 a week are willing to.

That part of the emergency Bill is insane!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Garufa said:

Is this how this massive stimulus bill is supposed to work?  Deducting from wages based on what the guvment is about to send out...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-stimulus-money-company-paychecks

If that story is true, and I find it hard to believe anyone that would have the authority in a large company, would do that; but it’s not impossible.

I would say what they are saying they will do is illegal, and the Attorney General of Texas will step in soon and say so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are staying in, and hopefully, will not need to get out but to go to the grocery store in a couple weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pop pop said:

We are staying in, and hopefully, will not need to get out but to go to the grocery store in a couple weeks. 

Instacart app on you phone works great if you’re in an area that will deliver. You pay a small fee (< $10) per order, and someone shops for you. They’ll bring it to your door. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm still in shock we just printed $2 trillion dollars, most of which is going to save corporations. Somehow, the rich will get richer in all this and we will get our $1,200... There is apparently no spending limit our government will not cross. The only rep that spoke out against it was Massie and he got raped by Trump and the press. Amazing times.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Costco will open to seniors 60+ and disabled members from 8AM to 9AM Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Mon-Friday, closing will change to 6:30PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I think I'm still in shock we just printed $2 trillion dollars, most of which is going to save corporations. Somehow, the rich will get richer in all this and we will get our $1,200... There is apparently no spending limit our government will not cross. The only rep that spoke out against it was Massie and he got raped by Trump and the press. Amazing times.

The sad part is that it shouldn't be shocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I think I'm still in shock we just printed $2 trillion dollars, most of which is going to save corporations. Somehow, the rich will get richer in all this and we will get our $1,200... There is apparently no spending limit our government will not cross. The only rep that spoke out against it was Massie and he got raped by Trump and the press. Amazing times.

That's TWO checks for $1200 for some of us, last I heard.  Is that not true?

4 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

N4FuN7k.jpg

LMAO!!! Spot on!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moped said:

That's TWO checks for $1200 for some of us, last I heard.  Is that not true?

I understand that they are going off of the AGI of your 2018 taxes; therefore, my wife and I certainly won't get $1,200 each. I'm actually conflicted about this. On the one hand I support a disabled daughter and her three kids, and on the other hand I don't want to contribute to this insanity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I understand that they are going off of the AGI of your 2018 taxes; therefore, my wife and I certainly won't get $1,200 each. I'm actually conflicted about this. On the one hand I support a disabled daughter and her three kids, and on the other hand I don't want to contribute to this insanity.

Your daughter should also get 1200 plus 500 for each kid (2700 total).    And yes they are going off taxes and specifically AGI.   I think the single threshold was 75k and married threshold was 150k.   Head of Household is higher, around 110 or something.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

At first, I thought a lot of this COVID-19 hype by the politicos and media was just a bunch of hysteria and it couldn't possibly spread this easily. Well, a friend sent me this video, and after watching it, I'm going to be a whole lot more careful about hand washing and social distancing.
Ed

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedlegEd said:

Hi all,

At first, I thought a lot of this COVID-19 hype by the politicos and media was just a bunch of hysteria and it couldn't possibly spread this easily. Well, a friend sent me this video, and after watching it, I'm going to be a whole lot more careful about hand washing and social distancing.
Ed

 


It's the part at the end that should be the most shocking to folks.  Just how much they touch their face and how its almost involuntary.  It's why wearing gloves through the store doesn't help.   Sure your hand was protected from the germs on the shopping cart but then you touched the glove to your face without even realizing it.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you think the government shouldn’t send money to workers or help business stay afloat; there are some other options.

1. Do nothing and watch the economy collapse as over half the population stays home.

2. Send everyone back to work and don’t worry about the death toll.

3. Give financial help only to the workers and not to the businesses, so that when they are ready to go back to work, their job is gone.

Personally, I don’t think our economy can stand another month of this shutdown. But we will see. If it does survive it will be because of what the Federal government is doing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

For those of you think the government shouldn’t send money to workers or help business stay afloat; there are some other options.

1. Do nothing and watch the economy collapse as over half the population stays home.

2. Send everyone back to work and don’t worry about the death toll.

3. Give financial help only to the workers and not to the businesses, so that when they are ready to go back to work, their job is gone.

Personally, I don’t think our economy can stand another month of this shutdown. But we will see. If it does survive it will be because of what the Federal government is doing. 

I have no issues with giving money to those workers who need it. I do have issues with arbitrarily giving it to some and not to others like people over $100k can't be financially impacted by what's going on - although I also have issues with sending money to those who do not need it. Being in networking sales, what I made in 2018 is not an indicator of what I'll make in 2020. What I make in 2020 will be heavily dependent upon how quickly the economy recovers. Right now companies are buying notebooks to accommodate working from home, so I'm a touch jealous of what my counterparts in computer sales are doing. So to sum it up I'm conflicted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I have no issues with giving money to those workers who need it. I do have issues with arbitrarily giving it to some and not to others like people over $100k can't be financially impacted by what's going on - although I also have issues with sending money to those who do not need it. Being in networking sales, what I made in 2018 is not an indicator of what I'll make in 2020. What I make in 2020 will be heavily dependent upon how quickly the economy recovers. Right now companies are buying notebooks to accommodate working from home, so I'm a touch jealous of what my counterparts in computer sales are doing. So to sum it up I'm conflicted.

I assumed they did it they way they did because it was fast. Trying to determine eligibility would be difficult and full of fraud. If you made over $99K or $198K jointly the democrats and the socialists (same thing anymore) see you as part of the problem and don’t want to help you. Leaving the higher earners out may/may not have been a concession. I didn’t make over $198K last year jointly with my wife, and they hate me too, but for very different reasons.

I thought it was appalling that both Pelosi and Schumer stood up there and told those bald-faced lies that they changed the bill to what was good for the citizen. The stuff they tried to tag onto that bill was insane.

I don’t know what you do in “networking sales”. But I would think networking would be a big business right now, and once this is over it would be booming. My guess is that hundreds of thousands of people had issues when they wanted to network with Doctors, Work, family, or friends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I assumed they did it they way they did because it was fast. Trying to determine eligibility would be difficult and full of fraud. If you made over $99K or $198K jointly the democrats and the socialists (same thing anymore) see you as part of the problem and don’t want to help you. Leaving the higher earners out may/may not have been a concession. I didn’t make over $198K last year jointly with my wife, and they hate me too, but for very different reasons.

I thought it was appalling that both Pelosi and Schumer stood up there and told those bald-faced lies that they changed the bill to what was good for the citizen. The stuff they tried to tag onto that bill was insane.

I don’t know what you do in “networking sales”. But I would think networking would be a big business right now, and once this is over it would be booming. My guess is that hundreds of thousands of people had issues when they wanted to network with Doctors, Work, family, or friends.

I sell Ethernet switches and Software-Defined WAN devices. Neither would really help with VPN bandwidth into the businesses from increased number of WFH employees. The latter could with load-balancing multiple MPLS and broadband connections to their VPN concentrators, but understandably, now is not the time for business to do something radical to their infrastructure unless they were absolutely incapable of sustaining it now. 

And I couldn't stomach Pelosi and Schumer's BS either.

Edited by E4 No More
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines