ammunition Manufacturing license

In your home?

You might want to check your local ordinances first. Both for a business and with the obvious regulations and precautions for explosives. That ended my pursuit right there for an 01 FFL. The city of Murfreesboro does not allow an FFL in a residence. Therefore, the BATF won’t issue one.

I would think your product liability insurance for an 06 FFL would be pretty high, but that’s just a guess.

• Like 2
  • Moderators

I can think of about a million different reasons why this is a bad idea. I’m pretty sure every regulator and insurance person will take the same view. Especially if you have neighbors who live in distances measured in anything less than “over in the next holler. 

I’m not trying to be rude, (I’m known for crazy and dumb ideas) but I am pretty sure you’re going to find regulatory and financial roadblocks at every turn in attempting to do this out of your home.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

Many people turn hobbies into businesses. If they didn’t we wouldn’t have very many small businesses these days.

There is going to be a whole lot more involved  in “manufacturing” than just scoring the appropriate FFL.  Think capital and the previously mentioned liability.

• Like 2

I had a friend who loaded professionally. He operated out of his garage with 5 Star Machines. While he didn't load hunting ammo, he supplied quite a few police depts & gun shops with range/practice ammo.

He had no problem with neighbors or regulations. This was a while back, I imagine the hoops to jump through & insurance costs are prohibitive now.

He did quite well.