Search “Solvent Traps” and you will find many more. It is my understanding if you do the modifications yourself and submit the $200 fee with the proper paperwork to the BATF; you would be legal. If you don’t and you are caught using one; the costs will exceed the tens of thousands and there is a good possibility you will do prison time.

While in my opinion, suppressor prices are ridiculous; they would be the cheaper route to go.

• Like 1

See, I look at it the way a local brick and mortar store owner explained it to me... theres a home brewing supply store located next door to a "head shop" on Kingston Pike. I was talking to him about some of the distilling equipment he was offering for sale:

"Hey man, if he can sell 'tobacco pipes' next door, I can sell you 'essential oil extractors' here."

It wouldn't be the first time I threw 60 bucks away?

32 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

See, I look at it the way a local brick and mortar store owner explained it to me... theres a home brewing supply store located next door to a "head shop" on Kingston Pike. I was talking to him about some of the distilling equipment he was offering for sale:

"Hey man, if he can sell 'tobacco pipes' next door, I can sell you 'essential oil extractors' here."

I don't understand how that story applies?? :confused:

1 hour ago, ReeferMac said:

I think that's one place too far up the supply chain. What I mean is, a lot of the folks who buy those "tobacco pipes" and "essential oil extractors" go on to be arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia or whatever the equivalent distilling charge is. Because they're using them to smoke something that's not tobacco or extract something that's not essential oil. The seller had some degree of "Whaaa? I had no idea!" but the buyer gets arrested.

Buying yourself a "fuel filter" and using it for something that's not filtering fuel is asking for something that's not a vacation. Especially after posting about it in a thread like this...

Edited by TomInMN
I forgot something, again.
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
41 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

For the record to anyone unsure, buying products like the one linked is a bad idea unless you buy a tax stamp. 

I’d highly recommend having an approved tax stamp first. That being said, DO NOT BUY THE LINKED PRODUCT!

There are plenty of “Solvent trap” kits out there that do a good job of walking the line of being a “80%” suppressor. That kit is not it.

It is a complete suppressor.

Just the interior piece alone will get you PMITA prison time. It is a mono-core baffle stack and qualifies as a suppressor by itself. Also, if you notice, it doesn’t just come with a cap you have to drill out, it comes with a ring that will screw onto the outside end. If you do that, you have a complete suppressor. This kit is illegal as all hell and the only reason I’m not killing the link is that I want y’all to see what to avoid. It doesn’t matter if you have an approved Form 1 and stamp in hand. You can’t buy all the parts complete and then slap an engraving on it and say you “made” it. It doesn’t work that way. 

• Thanks 2
11 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

I'm not worried about throwing $60 away. I am worried about throwing 60+ months away!

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 3

Wow..

I know I have seen the Mag light kits and the freeze plug set ups. All those require drilling and such to make it anything more than a tube and plugs.

I bet this is the same Chinese company that was making the glock full auto kits and shipping them. IIRR, ATF got all the shipping addresses for the orders and started arrests...

I like to choose who I live with, not be assigned a cell and bunk. I would run screaming from the above link. 

BTW, buying adverts on Google is easy. Anyone can. IIn this case I doubt their admins even realize this is a bad idea. So just because it pops up does not make it good. 

17 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

So what is the “multi function beer cup” they offer?  Is it really a mug with picatinny rails? Or is it another “item in disguise”

A member started a company years ago and created the Battle Mug along with several other products. The one above is a cheap knock off. 

https://battlemug.com/

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2