Virus Stimulus Check

Colt4530

I've decided to spend my stimulus check on a 9mm and ammo, but which one?  I'd like a lighter compact with about a dozen rounds capacity, under 25 oz., Condition 1 carry is a big plus, polymer frames are OK, some striker-fired are tolerable, had 2 Glocks (and 2 too many), but I have a carbine that uses Glock mags, so a 19, if cheap might get it.  I like the looks of a CZ 2075 RAMI, but can't find one to handle. 

What do you recommend? 

Depends on your purpose for having one. Target, competition,  carry , etc.? I owned a Cajunized RAMI and loved it. Great ergonomics and very accurate. 

A bit chunky for conceal carry and became a safe queen. Sold it and bought a Sig P226 SAO Legion for competition. It's my favorite 9mm. Good luck. 

IMG_20181219_090442678.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hughd said:

What are your thoughts on the PCR and P-01?

I own a PCR not much different than the P-01 or the CZ75 compact and I think it kicks ass,its the same size as the P07

PCR no rail,alum frame is the variation ...I added grips ,sights and a trigger..I can hit targets/groups with CZs that make me look like I know what Im doing..

PCR.jpg

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Colt4530 said:

I've decided to spend my stimulus check on a 9mm and ammo, but which one?  I'd like a lighter compact with about a dozen rounds capacity, under 25 oz., Condition 1 carry is a big plus, polymer frames are OK, some striker-fired are tolerable, had 2 Glocks (and 2 too many), but I have a carbine that uses Glock mags, so a 19, if cheap might get it.  I like the looks of a CZ 2075 RAMI, but can't find one to handle. 

What do you recommend? 

I would recommend waiting until prices return to normal before buying ammo.  

• Like 2

Hate to be “that guy” if this doesn’t apply to you, I’m sure it will to someone else...are you out of debt? Do you have 3-6 months worth of expensives saved up in an emergency fund?  For most of us, these things should take priority over a new firearm purchase. If you are in good shape then awesome! Buy night vision! 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Omega said:

I plan on just sending it back to Uncle Sam, since they may just tax me for it later I may as well just pay my taxes with it now.

They might tax you for it whether you return it or not. It is the government, after all.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

They might tax you for it whether you return it or not. It is the government, after all.

Yea, but if I use the check to pay my taxes with it, I won't need to reach out of pocket for it this time around.  They are sure to adjust my taxes next year, as someone will need to start paying into the black hole that is our deficit. 

It will be  considered primarily for EDC, but who knows, it might kill a can or 3.  That was the reason for the weight limit.  At 34 oz, I'll just carry one of my 1911s. 

Currently have plenty of 9mm for practice because of the FX-9 PCC. 

NOBODY ever has too much money, but I'll get by.  Next month I'm down to a mortgage.  Night vision, huh?  🤔

• Like 1
On 3/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, Slappy said:

Hate to be “that guy” if this doesn’t apply to you, I’m sure it will to someone else...are you out of debt? Do you have 3-6 months worth of expensives saved up in an emergency fund?  For most of us, these things should take priority over a new firearm purchase. If you are in good shape then awesome! Buy night vision! 🙂

Dave Ramsey ? I agree 100% ,  but if he's caught up and has emergency fund , then let the fun begin. 

CZ P07 in 9mm. LOVE mine . Light weight , reliable hammer fired , comes stock with steel sights , and can be switched from decocker-only to safety/decocker so you can carry cocked-and-locked. You can switch it to either way in just 3 minutes. Comes with this option from factory. 

IMG_6630 (1).jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1

Glock 43 and 48 combo with some Shield 15 round magazines is the ticket,.  that makes a combo of 4 guns 43,43x,48, and a weird long slide 43 (if you just buy one I'm saying 43x).  You can go from summer carry to carry to night stand gun.  I also have it on good recommendation that Shield will be making a nice magazine for the 43 as well hopefully bumping the capacity up closer to 10 rounds.

I love my CZ's but the 43x with 15 rounds is not possible to beat for reliability and carry-ability. I get it though some people hate Glocks and thats ok people make bad decisions every day :)

Edited by trevorst
  • Administrator
On 3/29/2020 at 11:22 PM, Colt4530 said:

According to your wish list I'd go with a Glock 43, M&P Shield, Sig P365 or maybe even the Springfield Hellcat.

CZs are nice guns.  They've earned the reputation of being "hipster guns" because they are not as popular in the US as Glock, S&W, Sig Sauer, etc.  But that comes with an increased amount of effort to find magazines, which are normally more expensive than the other brands, and to find holsters without waiting to have custom leather or Kydex bent for them.

If I'm buying a gun for current circumstances, I am thinking about sustainability.  I want low-effort maintenance, low-effort access to parts, and low-effort access to accessories, while getting a high degree of reliability.  I'd shop in the oder of the guns I listed.

• Like 3