Glock 45. 9mm

"Glock 45 in 9mm".  Seriously?  Who was the non-genius in Glock's marketing department who decided on THAT model number for their latest 9mm?  Talk about confusing people.

"Hey you want to see my new Glock 45?"

"Sure!  So is it  the new model 36 or a 21?"

"No, it's a 45."

"OK. But which 45 is it?"

"It's not a .45, it's a 9mm."

"Dude.  This is just insane. Don't you know which Glock you got?"

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1

Glock has never been known for original thinking, after they created the 17.  That was just the next number to come up. Great pistols, but boring as hell.  Not necessarily a bad thing, when you make a great pistol though.

• Like 1

It's probably the best shooting factory glock "for me" When I first bought mine I took it along for some practice IDPA practice sessions.  I shot it faster and more accurately than my Glock 34...

I've since moved on from the Glock 34 and sadly the 45 as well and entered the world of custom 19's (which palmetto state is about to blow wide open with the $299 dagger).

• Administrator
1 hour ago, trevorst said:

It's probably the best shooting factory glock "for me" When I first bought mine I took it along for some practice IDPA practice sessions.  I shot it faster and more accurately than my Glock 34...

I've read a lot of comments like that on a multitude of online sources.  The G45 is the best G, in my opinion.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, kellyII said:

I purchased a G45 and a 19x, I personally didn’t care for the 45 so I gave it to my son. It just didn’t work for me, for some reason the grip and sight alignment felt off. I do like my 19x though. 

It is a little different no matter what some folks claim.  Probably why I like it so much more than my 19.  :)

3 minutes ago, ken_mays said:

There are really two Glocks I am fond of.

The original Gen 1 17, and the G45. 

Really? Kinda surprised by that. I see the 17, and I would have went with the 19 as well. But the 45 surprised me. Not one of my favorites by a long shot. 

Well, my G45 is more accurate than any other Glock I've owned.  The addition of front slide serrations is very helpful on the slick finish they use now.   The frontstrap is finally flat all the way to the bottom, with no finger grooves or irritating scallop with sharp edges.  And of course the texture is a great improvement over the Gen 2 and Gen 3, which were slippery.   I've always hated the G19 because there were either finger grooves or a scallop that made the grip uncomfortable, and I couldn't quite get all my fingers on the grip.

g452.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 9:26 AM, TN Song Dog said:

Besides color and lanyard, what are the significant differences between the G19X and the G45??

19x does not have front serrations and includes 2 19 round (plus 2 Extensions built in) along with a 17round  and comes standard with factory steel night sights 

Edited by willis68
On 4/5/2020 at 8:49 AM, trevorst said:

I've since moved on from the Glock 34 and sadly the 45 as well and entered the world of custom 19's (which palmetto state is about to blow wide open with the $299 dagger).

The Dagger was supposed to drop in March, along w/ the AK w/ the FN barrel.  

I went with the 26 and couldn't have been happier even if it came with free ammo. I’ve never found “me” in any of my Smiths and a few other attempts at manufacturers. Didn’t particularly shoot the 17 or 19 well, nor like them. Walked into the gun store one day and picked up a 26 and “knew” immediately. 

B7078AA3-1F5F-439A-8D77-9F0D429F019E.jpeg

Edited by One1