Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag Woods Gun - SOLD

Next one out of the safe is a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag.  Here is the backstory on it.

I bought this gun new about 15 years ago when I decided I wanted to get into handgun hunting, so it started life with a 7.5 inch barrel.  I found that squared off trigger guard uncomfortable to shoot, so added that Pachmayr grip which does a nice job both of filling that gap as well as cushioning the backstrap.  I also like peep sights, so added a One Ragged Hole rear peep, (which does really work, btw).  But after only a season or 2 I lost interest in handgun hunting (like my rifles too much) so decided I would turn it into a hiking gun for an out west trip by having the barrel shortened.  Took it to a gunsmith for cut and recrown (receipt show below), then removed the warning and reblued the barrel myself, which looks ok but not great.   The gun still shoots nice groups, and makes for a great woods companion in bear country, but I just don't shoot it anymore (never shot it much anyway), as I prefer a Glock 32 for all my outdoor carry.

Well anyway, here is a very nice 44 magnum woods carry or hunting gun package for sale.  Comes with the Pachmary grip, the original wood grips, the original box and manual,  both the One Ragged Hole peep and the original sight, AND the nice Ruger holster shown in the pic.  All this for $400, face to face in Wilson county or nearby with TN HCP or TN DL and sign BOS stating legal to buy.  Alternatively will ship my FFL to yours for $435 (USPS MO) plus actual shipping.  

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN1020.jpg

DSCN1052.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

DSCN1019.jpg

DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

DSCN1055.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, hughd said:

Nice, who did the barrel work?

Gunsmith shop at Gander Mtn did the cut and recrown.   Receipt is in the pic.  But I removed the warning and reblued the barrel myself, which is reflected in the price.  lol. 

FWIW - the pics accurately do show the finish however - like i stated in ad - looks ok, not great.  Overall its a really handy little woods gun for bear or hog country.  

Archived