Post Your First AR

Prod951

7 hours ago, Prod951 said:

Well let's see your first AR Lol dont hate it was the magpul video days

300 BLK pistol, correct handed. I have converted it to 5.56 NATO a few months back.

300 pistol 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

At one time almost all of us were tacticool!!!  As y’all know I couldn’t even tell you what my first AR was or what it looked like (I did have a spiked zombie lower with spikes 37mm launcher at one time though lol)...here is my current non Frankenstein’d AR.

its a Troy Limited Run called the Palamino

0A62ADBF-F480-4067-B816-1C57C99239EB.jpeg

B01514F4-D1F9-4C98-BD49-ACD8E40FA89A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Administrator

I don't think I have an actual pic of mine.  Back in the late 90's I had a Busmaster XM15-E2S.  No collapsible stock, heavy barrel, fixed carrying handle.  What a turd by today's standards.

It was the Clinton era without an evil bayonet lug. I sold it to some rando on Craigslist before Craigslist stopped everyone from selling guns.

1917.jpg

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Haha ya know it might technically be a turd but it has that old school cool factor to it...guess I’m getting older lol....crazy to think all those colt sports are worth $$ now.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:08 AM, RED333 said:

I believe it is called "Tacticool". :dirty:

It's funny how treads have change over the years with keymod to M-lok. 

Edited by Prod951
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

How long before we start seeing hipster ARs with quad rails?

I actually kind of like some of the quad rail models. Not the old school, massive ones though. I’m having a minor issue now with an “in style” handguard. No rail where I need a rail. 

I don’t have a pic of my first but it was a PSA parts build. It’s lower is all that’s left of it which is now an SBR. 

My first post in the forum will be my first AR. I bought it Fall of 2017. It’s a S&W M&P15 Magpul Spec series with the SL furniture. I’ve not done many mods other than the obvious Eotech & VTAC QD sling. Mostly I’ve just bought ammo and mags. The Eotech was added after this past Christmas. I did just notice the AFG, which was a Christmas gift. I like it a lot, but I’m planning 3 builds right now: currently working on a Betsy Ross Aero Precision lower to fit with an 18” SPR inspired upper, which will be my wife’s first gun. The second is a 13.7” build, (pinned & welded muzzle device). My third is kind of optional, but I’d like to build an 11.5” pistol or SBR, but we’ll see. Anyway, that’s enough from me.

4C438BFD-F910-42FA-A3B9-2AC1A489B67D.jpeg

Edited by reiver
Grammar
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Not just my first, but my only AR. S&W M&P-15 with only minor mods. I did recently install a LaRue trigger, but didn't get to the range before they closed it down.  :rolleyes:

Du1lvSZ.jpg

Honestly, I'm not a fan. I only bought this one because at the time the "BAN 'EM" crowd was all worked up again. I got one just to piss 'em off. ;)

• Like 3

I actually still have my first AR. Like David, it's a 1995 Bushmaster 16" Dissipator. RDS weren't a thing at that time and very few civilian purchase options were available .

The photo was taken August 28th 2005, the day before Katrina hit back home (MS). It was/is a decent gun for the time .

AR Bushmaster Dissapator.JPG

• Like 3
Guest BCR#1
On 4/4/2020 at 2:02 PM, TGO David said:

I don't think I have an actual pic of mine.  Back in the late 90's I had a Busmaster XM15-E2S.  No collapsible stock, heavy barrel, fixed carrying handle.  What a turd by today's standards.

It was the Clinton era without an evil bayonet lug. I sold it to some rando on Craigslist before Craigslist stopped everyone from selling guns.

1917.jpg

If I owned one, it would have a flash hider on it.

Bill

My first AR was an Olympic that my brother-in-law gave me one day in a fit of kindness. 

Sorta resembles current styles, but more an early mall ninja model. All kinds of things hanging off it. lol Rail light, Aimpoint knock off, magnifier, cheapo stock and sling, and a couple sets of taped together mags. I think he may have either ashamed of it or just didn't like me at the time.

I still have it. Don't think it's been shot in years. Might break it out when we can all go shoot somewhere again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another ban-era Bushmaster Dissipator here.   I don't know why it seemed like such a good idea at the time, but they were popular then.

I think this was after I had gotten a set of green furniture somewhere.   Eventually I sold the upper and put a V-match 20" upper on the lower; I still have it, but it has been upgraded with a railed handguard and collapsible stock (we couldn't have those either, during the AWB).

oldar.jpg

• Like 4