Movies You Are Watching While At Home

While none of us want to be at home right now, it does give a good opportunity to catch up on our favorite movies.  What is everyone watching?  So far, my favorites:

• Rudy
  • Destination Tokyo
  • Glory
  • Seven Days in May
  • Patton
  • Silverado
  • Quigley Down Under
  • Key Largo
  • The Maltese Falcon
  • Dances With Wolves
  • Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
  • Mildred Pierce

I have kids and my wife finally succumbed and subscribed to Disney+. Yay. 

She's on a vintage movie kick so it's been The Sound of Music, The Swiss Family Robinson, and The Absent Minded Professor of late. 

The up side is I've finally gotten to see what all buzz was about on The Manadalorian, and yes, we're hooked.  

I'll be curious to see what happens with our wifi data quota.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Today I watched “April Morning” after seeing it posted here in another thread, and I watched “Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan”. Both were very good.

I did as well over the past few days, both good movies.

8 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

Today I watched Rambo: Last Blood

We did last week.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really watching movies that much, but the wife and I stumbled upon the Netflix series called "The Ranch" and find it hilarious. You kind of got to get past the incessant F-bombs, but it can have you laughing one minute, annoyed the next, and sad in one show. 

1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Not really watching movies that much, but the wife and I stumbled upon the Netflix series called "The Ranch" and find it hilarious. You kind of got to get past the incessant F-bombs, but it can have you laughing one minute, annoyed the next, and sad in one show. 

We just finished that one. I was dead set against it but my wife wanted to watch it so we did. I ended up liking it more than she did. 

On 4/3/2020 at 9:18 AM, Luckyforward said:

While none of us want to be at home right now, it does give a good opportunity to catch up on our favorite movies.  What is everyone watching?  So far, my favorites:

• Rudy
  • Destination Tokyo
  • Glory
  • Seven Days in May
  • Patton
  • Silverado
  • Quigley Down Under
  • Key Largo
  • The Maltese Falcon
  • Dances With Wolves
  • Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
  • Mildred Pierce

I like your choices. Silverado and Quigley Down Under are just absolutely great.

Now add any of the Jack Ryan movies and my wife is in heaven. Especially Red October. 

19 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I'm choosing to read instead.

I'm a multi-tasker. I can read and watch movies at the same time. lol

Seen most of them so many times I can actually look up now and then and follow the movie.

Actually have so many books around here that I'm positive I'll never finish them before I kick off.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have had some interesting and extremely cheesy  flicks on the DVR that have languished unwatched for years as well as some series. We have cut the contents of the DVR in half with the pandemic. We had given up on The Walking Dead and Fear TWD, Z Nation, The Last Ship, Colony, The Expanse and other movies and shows we use to watch. Recently we watched Zombies of Mass Destruction which had Doc from Z Nation. It was entertaining and just comical enough for us to enjoy it.

On a side note, both TWD and Fear TWD have jump the shark and gotten very stupid. We still have the last season the TWD to suffer through.

Edited by buck1032