Watch Your Bills (Corporate Vultures)

I get companies are worried monthly bills won't be paid in the COVID-19 era.  But a pox on AT&T for this alteration to my billing cycle.  You may wish to consider turning off autopay if it's not tied to a discount on your account.  I'm going to do so across the board, not just at AT&T.  The kicker is, I always use the first weekend of each month to pay bills; I was going to run the same payment they took today in a day or two.  Complete violation of trust as I've paid my bill without fail for years now.

See if you can spot the change in my cycle and wonder why I'm pissed off (disclosure: I couldn't find February)  The date/time stamp at the top of each one is when I received the notification that my bill was ready for review and payment.

Tue 12/3/2019 3:17 AM

Payment due: 12/18/2019

Thu 1/2/2020 3:23 AM

Payment due: 01/18/2020

Wed 3/4/2020 5:58 AM

Payment due: 03/18/2020

Thu 4/2/2020 2:29 AM

Payment due: 04/03/2020

Edited by btq96r

So you had autopay "on" for AT&T correct?? 

They can change the billing cycle anytime they desire, suits their mood.  Same for going up in price but it's usually on an annual basis with AT&T based on my experience.   Only ones I have on auto pay are the local electric and water/sewer/gas bills.  All others I pay thru electronic banking so I don't have to pay postage every month.  

I get a notice/email  from AT&T/DirectV that the bill can be viewed, but I don't have this one on autopay.  I wait for the paper bill to come before I pay 'em, and I can set the date/amount for the electronic pmt to be made for each one of my bills, even my CC bills, but I pay all in full every month.  I don't sign up for the "e" bills, all are paper version.  

I've been on "autopay" since before there was such a thing, dating back to when they were known as "drafts" on your account.  I don't like having to remember to pay bills, so I have everything going out automatically.  I do keep an eye on my accounts, but I really don't care what day of the month the payments go out ...

• Like 1