Need $10K a week. New York is paying it.

I've mentioned my disabled friend before. She's a retired ER Nurse. Despite the fact that she can barely take care of herself, she's getting calls almost daily from people who want to put her to work. They're offering  $5000 or more per week. :eek:

As much as she wants to go back to work, sadly she's just not physically up to it.  :(

If they don't take C19 patients at the hospital ship, and it appears it will be under utilized, then send some of the ships medical team over to the hospitals to help or relieve the land based hospital staffs so they can get some rest.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

If they don't take C19 patients at the hospital ship, and it appears it will be under utilized, then send some of the ships medical team over to the hospitals to help or relieve the land based hospital staffs so they can get some rest.

I heard that the reason those ships hadn’t had many patients was that they had to go to the hospital first; and then be sent there. That doesn’t make sense, so they are supposed to be changing that.

It was my understanding that the hospital ships were to be for non-covid patients transferred from other hospitals.  Thus freeing up space in the city hospitals to handle more virus patients which they are already set up for. Has that changed? 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

It was my understanding that the hospital ships were to be for non-covid patients transferred from other hospitals.  Thus freeing up space in the city hospitals to handle more virus patients which they are already set up for. Has that changed? 

The Pentagon earlier Friday announced that the Comfort had loosened its screening process for patients to get on board after criticism that the ship has been too slow in admitting patients.

Before the changes, ambulances were required to take patients to a hospital first where they were screened for coronavirus and then referred to the ship.

Hoffman said the Pentagon changed the operating process so that ambulances now go directly to the Comfort.

“We expect that will increase the number [of patients],” Hoffman said of the new procedure.

Hoffman also said there have been fewer patients than expected on both ships due to the vessels arriving at their respective cities ahead of need.

Should coronavirus patients be treated on the Comfort, Hoffman said it would be “very difficult” to keep the virus from the infected patients, and the “likelihood of infection of our doctors goes up.”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/491125-pentagon-may-treat-coronavirus-patients-aboard-navy-hospital-ship

6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

People that don't have the covid virus or some life-threatening condition aren't going to hospitals now, thus the ship has almost no patients.  Last I saw, the Navy was in the process of changing the protocols to allow covid patients to be treated on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for them. Being a travel nurse is not easy, especially in a situation like this. Nothing wrong with them getting paid what they are worth for that.

The problem is residents not being paid what they are worth.

run 3

Edited by juliuscain

they really deserve the money. in such situations i realize that working as an easy recipes chef is just a blessing. i just imagine what they go through on a daily basis and what they see.. money is nothing compared to that... but a financial motivation is still always welcome.

Edited by Hubbard84
grammar

Why would they need to pay $10K a week? The stories I see are of health care workers being furloughed and ask to take pay cuts because of all operations other than CV being shut down.

But hey, if they can get $10K a week…more power to them. :up:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, gary_boom said:

The cost will be passed on to the consumer. It’s like the free lunch the schools are giving away the tax payer is paying. Nothing is free.

Absolutely. Mayor Cooper has submitted his budget. If approved you Nashville folks will be paying 32% more in property taxes. He blames the tornados and COVID-19.