Who here would take an available vaccine?

Guest BCR#1

28 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Sure, but President Trump wasn't around to tell you to take some hydroxychloroquine with a Z pak on the side, shake it off and get back to work. :)

Well there's that.......

Guest BCR#1
3 hours ago, Raoul said:

I'd really have to think about it. Year before last, at my family's insistence, I got a flu shot.

It damn near killed me. And that is not a joke or an exaggeration.

I've never had a flu shot and AFAIK, never had the flu either. I'll be 66 on 7/4 and all I take every day are three over the counter supplements. I get checked out by my PCP every year and every year he says the same thing. "If all my older patient's were as healthy as you, I wouldn't have a job.

Call it good gene's or just plain luck, but I plan to outlast my parents who made it to their 90' before passing.

Bill

3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

The vaccine is not a drug, so one is not like the other. A vaccine for a virus is virus that have been deactivated so that it prompts your body's immune system to fight the virus naturally.

A vaccine is just like any medicine and can have side effects. The fact that there is the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program should tell you that it's not as harmless as you think it is.

11 hours ago, macville said:

A vaccine is just like any medicine and can have side effects. The fact that there is the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program should tell you that it's not as harmless as you think it is.

People claim all sorts of BS to get money.

• Authorized Vendor

After 26 years in the military they decided for me that I'd take every pill/shot/ vaccine under the sun and I can honestly say nothing gave me side effects. I get a flu shot every year and yeah all the supplements known to man that would help me. I'm 71 and am a quad bypass survivor for 12 years now.

I'd take anything they offered as a cure...even that stuff that Trump has spoken of if would get people out of the house and back to work before we end up a damn banana republic. While not working myself I'd gladly take it anyway to make sure I couldn't possibly effect the working man with a mortgage, wife and four kids depending on him. I'm sick of the Constitution and Bill of Rights being trampled.

Edited by Grand Torino
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

After 26 years in the military they decided for me that I'd take every pill/shot/ vaccine under the sun and I can honestly say nothing gave me side effects. I get a flu shot every year and yeah all the supplements known to man that would help me. I'm 71 and am a quad bypass survivor for 12 years now.

I'd take anything they offered as a cure...even that stuff that Trump has spoken of if would get people out of the house and back to work before we end up a damn banana republic. While not working myself I'd gladly take it anyway to make sure I couldn't possibly effect the working man with a mortgage, wife and four kids depending on him. I'm sick of the Constitution and Bill of Rights being trampled.

Yep, the Marine Corps was not at all shy about sticking my ass with every vaccine known to man in the 1980's. I have taken the flu vaccine every year, and have had the pneumonia vaccines. I never suffered a side-effect.

Edited by E4 No More
  • Like 1

When I was in boot camp, they were using those shot “guns”. One of our guys jumped and it ripped his arm open. As the blood was pouring down his arm our Company Commander yelled “Don’t Move when they give you the shot!” I never moved when getting a shot after that, even with a regular needle. :stare:

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

When I was in boot camp, they were using those shot “guns”. One of our guys jumped and it ripped his arm open. As the blood was pouring down his arm our Company Commander yelled “Don’t Move when they give you the shot!” I never moved when getting a shot after that, even with a regular needle. :stare:

I’m pretty sure there’s at least one dude in every unit that happens to. 😆

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m pretty sure there’s at least one dude in every unit that happens to. 😆

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Yes, we had those guys even WITH the warning. When you're told not to move you don't F'n move!

• Haha 1
  • Authorized Vendor
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I remember those.:lol:

4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I saw that happen on several occasions during Marine Corps boot camp.

Edited by The Legion
  • Like 1