Update 1: Custom leather OWB holsters. Small operation, just me and my bench. Officially a TGO Vendor.

ShootrMgavn

New post with minor updates and to include some recent work! Working on some new holster models that I'll post whenever I get the chance to test them out. Happy to build any style/design you may want, but very complex projects will cost more.

Background: I've been around TGO since 2013 I think, but I have recently started seriously producing custom leather holsters and I have just officially become a TGO Vendor. I have a small operation and no plans to do this full time, but I love making sturdy, safe, and well designed holsters and your response has been awesome. I've been very humbled by this community's response and I'm so thankful that several of you fine folks have taken a chance on my work!

Available firearms: I am beginning to establish a small bluegun collection (holster making molds) but I will order any mold that a customer wants with we no extra charge to the customer. Note: Uncommon handguns or handguns that were only produced for a short time may not be possible to find a mold for. Also, my holsters always safely cover the handgun's trigger completely, but I do not typically cover 100% of the trigger guard. I am happy to tweak any design to provide full trigger guard coverage if requested.

Pricing/Lead Time: I am going to bump prices very slightly to $50-60 per order, not including shipping. All transactions are handled through PayPal and I my lead time is currently around 3 weeks. I receive payment first, then begin building or ordering the proper mold. 

Please reach out with any questions or comments. Happy to get more involved in our awesome firearms community!

Recent builds below, including a very unusual one-off build for a Desert Eagle! The customer was pleased, but I don't expect sales of that model to take off, haha. 

IMG_20200324_121350.jpg

IMG_20200328_122059.jpg

IMG_20200330_234251__01.jpg

IMG_20200330_234301__01.jpg

IMG_20200408_230612.jpg

IMG_20200408_230625.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t need anything right now, but they look excellent. When I do need something I require that all my leather carry holsters have a thumb break. Have you done anything like that?

Thanks! I have not yet but it's on my short list for some pattern experimentation. Hope to post a couple iterations before too long. 

23 hours ago, leroy said:

Have ya thought about a good, reinforced top Threepersons design for a 1911..? Could be a molded design for retention or old timey with a rawhide string loop retainer over the hammer...? They are a great old timey design... I like em alot, and could use one for my " new to me " commander... Thank ya Brother FUJIMO...

leroy...

Yeah, I'm definitely going to post more non-pancake designs before too long. Will probably include a threepersons variant. 

5 hours ago, GhstFace38 said:

Do you have the ability to make a light bearing holster?

I currently don't have plans to do light bearing holsters due to the wide range of light options and difficulty in getting good retention in leather light bearing holsters (at least in my experience). My apologies. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BCR#1

A Sig M11A1 is my EDC and I'm guessing you don't have a mold for one yet. I really like your design's and I want one but not sure what style yet. Can you check availability of the mold and let me know when you find out.

Bill

On 4/26/2020 at 9:47 AM, BCR#1 said:

A Sig M11A1 is my EDC and I'm guessing you don't have a mold for one yet. I really like your design's and I want one but not sure what style yet. Can you check availability of the mold and let me know when you find out.

Bill

Well, I can't seem to find any manufacturer that makes a mold for the M11-A1. The 228 and 229 are plentiful, but I don't know how similar they are to the M11-A1 and I generally don't advocate for putting a firearm in a holster not specifically made for it. I'll keep an eye out to see if a mold pops up. Thanks for the interest!

20 hours ago, faraim said:

Sir, your work looks great! I hope you don't mind me asking, but what weight leather do you use

For compacts or subcompacts I have been using 6/7oz. Full sizes have been 7/8oz. For cost purposes I am switching over to doing everything in 7/8oz regardless of size. All Hermann Oak veg tan. 

Guest BCR#1

I have all three mentioned and the M11 and the 229 are almost, if not 100% indentical as I was able to swap out the slides/frames with each other. Also, the M11 has P229-1 stamped on the barrel. The only difference I see is the M11 is 9mm and the 229 is .40 S&W.

Bill

21 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

I have all three mentioned and the M11 and the 229 are almost, if not 100% indentical as I was able to swap out the slides/frames with each other. Also, the M11 has P229-1 stamped on the barrel. The only difference I see is the M11 is 9mm and the 229 is .40 S&W.

Bill

I'd be happy to order a 229 mold and take a whack at it for ya. I'd probably not mold it as tightly as others just in case, but it sounds like it should work fine. General disclaimer, if it fits a 229 properly but doesn't fit the M11-A1 as well, I wouldn't be able to accept a return on it. Let me know!

1 hour ago, GhstFace38 said:

OP, 

Do you have an e-mail I could contact you at? I don't check TGO much.

Thanks!

I'll message you.

Guest BCR#1
6 hours ago, ShootrMgavn said:

I'd be happy to order a 229 mold and take a whack at it for ya. I'd probably not mold it as tightly as others just in case, but it sounds like it should work fine. General disclaimer, if it fits a 229 properly but doesn't fit the M11-A1 as well, I wouldn't be able to accept a return on it. Let me know!

I'll message you.

The 229 mold will be fine with me. If it is too loose for the M11, I will just change to the 229 for EDC. I also want it to be a pancake style with a thumb break retention strap similar to the link provided. https://www.craftholsters.com/leather-pancake-holster-w-2-carry-positions?gclid=CjwKCAjwqJ_1BRBZEiwAv73uwFOMHeIuAfNewz_ZVxPXoUphRHQUi0gH6U_ypQFObee25UebXhZJihoCqjYQAvD_BwE

The color can be a brown or tan color, I don't really care for black.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived