Finaly put sights on my P35 HP

xtriggerman

I finaly got around to putting sights on this fake FN Hi Power made by FEG. It has all the right FN roll stamps and proofs but the SN is not a Belgian one. I think the Israelis parkerized this one before they got imported. I put a Real FN barrel in it since the FEG had way too much head space. The sights were original from the 1927 design. Now I can see them right nice. The dots are milled in pockets so the florescent paint will stay put for the most part. The front sight is a S&W one that was way too low so I built it up with mig weld, then reformed the sight to the proper hight. The face is cut in a bit to wipe out the lower S&W white dot that was there. Also added an extended safety. If there is one fault in these guns, its the puny safety to seer contact point. Its tiny and like a number of these that I have modified by putting a dab of weld on that contact point to eliminate the poor contact there that on most guns has trigger creep on safe. I trim the weld down little by little until that safety/trigger creep is zero. Finaly my confederate FN is a pleasure to shoot.
 j7xaelYl.jpg
2493i7Al.jpg
03oFknZl.jpg

A couple months ago, I picked up an Arcus 98DAC off GB for a tad over 3 bills. I was curious about this new version of the P35 that is the Police/Military pistol of 15 countries. It uses the same Hi power magazines and a couple other things. I could even fit a Hi Power barrel to it with a little machine work. It shoots well but is just as heavy as the original pistol at 2lbs 2oz. They left ALOT of steel in the shorter slide. I was thinking about cutting all that extra off some day just to see how much lighter I could get it since it does group pretty good and that weird web hook in the grip actually feels pretty good in my hand.
PWAIEyLl.jpg

• Like 4

So FEG made this pistol?  Israel imported them finished them and sent them here?  I'd love to hear the story behond these pistols?  I love HPs.  Almost bought a surplus Israeli model back in the Summer that was being imported.  Are these the same pistols?

Does the Arcus take HP mags?

Would love to have one of the new Tisas HPs.  They look nice!!!

The basic story is at some point Sadam Husain ticked off FN and he couldn't get them to sell him their Hi Power pistols. So, he went to FEG and paid them to make him a contract run with all FN marks and Belgian proofs. since the patent had long expired on the pistol license of manufacture, FEG could do what ever they wanted to make Sadam happy. The ring hammers were a big give away and SN's were FEG specific. One story goes that Israel ended up with a number of these and exported them with and without Israeli markings. Some were even sold threw GI PX's in Germany decades ago. Mine has no importer markings any where other than the Belgian proofs. The quality of build is not going to be Browning or FN but certainly better than some military pistols built from around the world.  I think the history of these guns is pretty cool. God knows where this pistol has been since it left the factory for the Republican Guard....maybe?

iEL6O2Yl.jpg

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Update. Nice day to shoot! So this is Tula FMJ play ammo run threw the Mec Gar 15 round mag. Bottom is 10 yards off hand 10 second rapid fire while the top is shot off the bench. I don't use my bifocals shooting despite the blur of the target (lesser of the 2 evils). So for me the FEG is a nice target toy now. Having good sights as you get into your 60's is much more an item than ever! Only thing golden about these years is getting paid to breath air. LOL
zbgZY92l.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...