Search for Ruger-57 5.7x28mm for Husband

Grab a Gun is the only place I see that has them in stock. I thought $750 was high, but after looking at that Gun broker link; it doesn’t look like it. 

https://grabagun.com/ruger-57-pistol-5-7x28mm-20-rounds-adjustable-fiber.html

HINT: If you want help finding it at a local gun store, you might want to think about putting your location (City) in your profile.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

HINT: If you want help finding it at a local gun store, you might want to think about putting your location (City) in your profile.

Yeah, what Dave said.    Depending on your location, a local shop may do enough volume that they get decent prices from their distributor and they can order it for you.    Sometimes it works out close to the same cost in the end compared to an online purchase and then transfer fees.    I prefer to have a local shop order it for me since if there's an issue with the gun when it arrives, it's all on the shop and it's not your problem to deal with.     If you order online and transfer, then the local shop has no obligation to deal with the issue.    Plus you're helping to support a local business.  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, paigegardner said:

thank you for your help and advice. I updated my location in my profile. I live in Chattanooga TN. So you all think $750 is a good price? When I first started looking I saw them on one site for $599 but obviously they were sold out. I know he will be upset if I overpay for it. @DaveTN @TNman207

No. But they are new and availability is limited. That coupled with this virus stuff will keep the price up for some time. That’s not a good internet price, but probubaly less than a local retailer would charge if they have it. MSPR is $799, so its less than that.

I’m not from that area, but I would check GT Distributors.

If that’s a gun he wants, don’t kid yourself, he won’t be upset. ;)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, paigegardner said:

thank you for your help and advice. I updated my location in my profile. I live in Chattanooga TN. So you all think $750 is a good price? When I first started looking I saw them on one site for $599 but obviously they were sold out. I know he will be upset if I overpay for it. @DaveTN @TNman207

Another option is that you have a Sportsman's Warehouse in Chattanooga. You can search their website to see if they have one in stock anywhere. If they do you can purchase it online and ship it to your local store. My Interwebz search is slow. but it looks like you can get one by the 27th. They are advertising $649.99 but if you ore hubby are veterans they give a 10% military discount. https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/handguns/ruger-57-57x28mm-494in-black-nitride-pistol-101-rounds/p/1623009 

• Like 3

Another option might be to get him a gift card to a local shop for the (ordered) gun and some ammo to open as his "gift." Maybe not as fun, but you won't pay a semi-panic markup, and (as mentioned) you'll support a local shop while giving yourself some recourse in the unlikely event you need it.

The gift card might not be necessary. Call your local shops to see who will order it, how much they'll charge, their delivery timeline, and how they'd like to handle the payment side of the transaction (since it's a gift).

• Like 1