Happiness is a choice. What's keeping you happy these days?

• Administrator

We need to remember the GOOD things in life!

You know, it has never really taken much effort to find bad news if you wanted to look for it, but lately it seems like you have to actually expend effort to find good news.  I think that's a shame.  To be very honest, I think if we quarantined the world's media for 30 days or so and no one heard from them during that time, all of us would be a heck of a lot happier at the end of it.

Since we can't force a media black-out, I figured we could use this thread to post about the things are keeping us HAPPY these days.

Share a photo or just share a story.  Let's keep it apolitical and leave the memes to other threads.  I want to know what is personal for YOU.

Here's something that keeps me happy daily.  This is maybe the first photo of my almost three-month old daughter outside of the delivery room.   You'd never know by looking at her that this girl has a date with a surgeon later this year to repair a partially cleft soft palate or that she has to wear a blood-oxygen monitor on her foot around the clock, every day, because that cleft causes her to be at high risk for sleep apnea.

She's the object of constant affection from her older brother and sister, and makes me and her mom smile from ear to ear.

i-53LsXjD-L.jpg

Alright... what's keeping you all happy lately?  :)

• Like 10

I'm not sure I'm happy but I am thankful. New granddaughter that I'm staying away from, I still have some work, one bodaciously strong wife who's put up with me for 43 years, food in the freezer, and all the ammo I might need. Sometimes you just have to trust the words of  George Harrison.....all things will pass.

Hang in there guys.

• Like 1

Good idea David. Beautiful daughter too.

I'm happy because my wife and I both have jobs. On top of that my job is paying me  20% extra for hazard pay even though they are letting me work from home. 

We got a full price offer the 2nd day our home was on the market. Just waiting to close on the 29th. Happy to be selling while prices are so high.

I'm also thankful for our health and the fact that my high risk dad has avoided catching COVID. 

• Like 2

There is only one thing better than the beautiful smile of a child, the beautiful innocent laughter tops it for me. :)  I am a happy guy, pretty much all the time (after appropriate amount of coffee). I am living a great life, with a great wife and son. I have my faith, my family and my friends that bring joy to and warm my heart. Yes there are material things that I have and enjoy, guns and motorcycles, but my life is completed by the people in it.

Edited by buck1032
  • Like 2

There is nothing that I can do about the current situation.  I'm enjoying being at home more.  I'm getting some turkey hunting done, doing some fishing, I'm in the process of putting in a garden.  I have a ton of ash to cut, split, and stack for next winter.  Other than not getting to see a few people that I would like to see I'm making the best of it and enjoying three slower pace. 

Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team

My kids and I were walking in our neighborhood the other day. Being in Brentwood, the back of my neighborhood is home to a bunch of turkeys that no one seems to have told that spring turkey season is going on.

They’re safe and fat.

Anyway, my kids and I were walking and came upon about 30 hens and two big toms who were all out in full strut.

My 8 year old gobbled at them - not expecting a reaction - and you’ve never heard such a ruckus.

They were so mad at him.

He was kind of hidden by a bush, and the toms came to investigate.  It was great once he realized they were coming his way - at which point he lost his nerve and high tailed it down the street.

His sisters laughed all the way home. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I'm thankful for the family reboot that is happening.  My 21 y/o daughter is home from college.  My 14&16 y/o son's lives were so busy with school and sports but now we are all at home spending time together, time that I never thought would happen again.  Yes the current world situation sucks but hearing my 3 almost grown kids laughing and having fun together is pretty nice.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Moderators

I spend an inordinate amount of time away from home out in the truck. With the better weather as of late my wife has been sending me more pics of the kids as they are spending time playing outside together. Those pics and videos  are what gets me through these weeks away from home. They let me see what I’m out here working for. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I spend an inordinate amount of time away from home out in the truck. With the better weather as of late my wife has been sending me more pics of the kids as they are spending time playing outside together. Those pics and videos  are what gets me through these weeks away from home. They let me see what I’m out here working for. 

Be smart and stay safe brother.

• Thanks 1