New to TN, dream come true

My name is Ryan, I am a Firefighter/Paramedic coming in from . . . . . . . . . . . 

California (shamed to say).  Don’t worry, I never had that mentality, nor will I be bringing any glimmer of it with me.  I am moving to TN (Spring Hill area) for my family, to raise them up the right way.

I already have my carry permit as it was the first thing I did.  I enjoy shooting 3-gun and other pistol competitions as I like the challenge to add stress to shooting scenarios.  I also reload.  

Hopefully, I get the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of hunting as that is a skill that I have not had the opportunity to learn and then pass down to my children.

Thanks for having me, I do hope to learn a lot then pass the knowledge to others.  I sure am excited to shoot without having to modify my weapons to make it CA compliant.

• Like 2

I guess one question that I might have,

What are the best gun stores in my area (I don’t mind driving a little bit) for selection and price?  How about reloading supplies?  I usually internet ordered from powder valley and such, but would like to help out local businesses if they are available and reasonable.

27 minutes ago, Quig said:

I guess one question that I might have,

What are the best gun stores in my area (I don’t mind driving a little bit) for selection and price?  How about reloading supplies?  I usually internet ordered from powder valley and such, but would like to help out local businesses if they are available and reasonable.

Welcome neighbor!

Nashville Armory (Southwinds Dr maybe) in Franklin and in Nashville (off Kenilwood?) get most of my money. There is another shop in Franklin that shall remain nameless but is nice for window shopping. There are a couple in Columbia south of us by a few miles also, Ted's and Kings.

• Like 2

Farmers Armory in Dickson get lot of my business formally Johns guns and ammo his daughter runs it now. They have some reloading stuff mostly powder and primers. You may also check out Midsouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville for reloading supplies they have a good selection. Midsouth does mainly online order but they do have a pick up counter but I believe pick up is currently closed.

• Like 1