Judge Benitez voids CA ammo background checks

• Moderators

The honorable Judge Benitez just issued an injunction against the California requirement for background checks on all ammo purchases,  the prohibition of importation (bringing in ammo purchased out of state) and mail order ammo deliveries. 

It is readily apparent when one reads just the opener of the injunction that Judge Benitez has zero time for California’s bull####.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.casd.571335/gov.uscourts.casd.571335.60.0.pdf

• Like 6
  • Moderators

For the moment...

In related news, Judge Benitez is the one who will hear the arguments on California’s AWB. I don’t expect that CA DOJ is looking forward to that one. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
14 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

In related news, Judge Benitez is the one who will hear the arguments on California’s AWB. I don’t expect that CA DOJ is looking forward to that one. 

He is also the Judge that shot down California’s Proposition 63's ban on large-capacity magazine. However, that case is now being considered by the 9th Circus.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

He is also the Judge that shot down California’s Proposition 63's ban on large-capacity magazine. However, that case is now being considered by the 9th Circus.

Yep. This case and the AWB case will both follow that same pattern. As a necessary step in the process, he’s a good place to start. His decisions are well written and take a lot of mental and legal gymnastics to justify an opposite conclusion. As judges go, I kinda like the guy. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

We'll see if Trump's conservative appointments to the 9th Circus will have any effect.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

We'll see if Trump's conservative appointments to the 9th Circus will have any effect.

The ninth circuit alone has earned Trump my vote in November. The thought of him replacing RBG with Amy Coney Barrett fills me with glee. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
On 4/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, Chucktshoes said:

The ninth circuit alone has earned Trump my vote in November. The thought of him replacing RBG with Amy Coney Barrett fills me with glee. 

You're gonna start voting?