Stimulis packages

Does anyone know anything about these Stimulus Packages that Social Security recipients are suppose to be receiving through direct deposit? According to everything I have heard people on Social Security will be receiving them if you are on direct deposit. If that is true I am suppose to receive it in my account. According to what I have read they have paid 80 million people in direct deposit but I have not got anything. I have been trying to find out who to contact but there is so far no one listed to ask. Does anyone have any ideas who I might be able to get in touch with. If so it would be appreciated if you could share the information with me.!!!

That article has a flaw. Vets will receive a stimulus check, same as SS. As usual, the VA is slow in getting their act together. I received an email from VA, explaining the situation.

聽We were originally told ( everybody ), that low income would be first. Obviously, that is no where near the case.

聽Apparently, this an overloaded, system, so who knows how long it will take. Take a looong

聽nap & wait.

1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

That article has a flaw. Vets will receive a stimulus check, same as SS. As usual, the VA is slow in getting their act together. I received an email from VA, explaining the situation.

聽We were originally told ( everybody ), that low income would be first. Obviously, that is no where near the case.

聽Apparently, this an overloaded, system, so who knows how long it will take. Take a looong

聽nap & wait.

Are vets getting some other kind of stimulus? 聽Corona money is聽going out to income tax payers and social security recipients.

29 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Are vets getting some other kind of stimulus? 聽Corona money is聽going out to income tax payers and social security recipients.

Its possible that a VET could not have been required to file income tax for the last two years. In that case they would need to submit info for a stimulus check. Same as anyone else that didn't file income tax or the Feds don't have their聽bank info.

4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Its possible that a VET could not have been required to file income tax for the last two years. In that case they would need to submit info for a stimulus check. Same as anyone else that didn't file income tax or the Feds don't have their聽bank info.

Pardon my assumption that one was already either in the IRS or SS system.

14 hours ago, Garufa said:

No, Vets & SS all comes from the IRS. The content of my post came from the IRS & VA.

聽If you receive compensation from the VA & are required to file with the IRS聽 ( VA is not taxable but you still have to enter it on the from ), then the IRS has your #.

That's it in a nutshell. Too long to put it all here. Google will take you there.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, tnhawk said:

This site allowed me to enter bank info this morning.聽 Prior to today it would not allow it to be entered.

Me as well, 1st time since I have been trying for a few days.

• Like 1

Well, I get my SS Ck by Direct deposit and have been since I began receiving it and every one of the sites I have read it states if you receive SS by Direct deposit you don't have to do anything to receive the stimulus money. It will just be deposited into your bank account. It also said that 80 million Social Security recipients have already received theirs. I just checked and I have not received mine yet!!!

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Well, I get my SS Ck by Direct deposit and have been since I began receiving it and every one of the sites I have read it states if you receive SS by Direct deposit you don't have to do anything to receive the stimulus money. It will just be deposited into your bank account. It also said that 80 million Social Security recipients have already received theirs. I just checked and I have not received mine yet!!!

Doug, with everything either shut down or swamped I doubt there is anyone you can call. Here is an IRS site that lets you check online.
This story says....

The IRS will use the information that the Social Security Administration has on file.
Social Security recipients won't have to take any action.

This story gives reasons you may not have it yet.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:
Doug, with everything either shut down or swamped I doubt there is anyone you can call. Here is an IRS site that lets you check online.
This story says....
This story gives reasons you may not have it yet.

Thank you very much for the time you spent to get me all those links. I did open each one and read what they had to say and for the most parts I can tell, I should not have to do anything in order to receive the stimulus funds so I guess it is just a sit and wait process. They said they have already sent the money to 80 million Americans that have direct deposit which I do have and have had for almost 15 years and my SS funds are automatically deposited every month so like I said its just a wait and see when it shows up I guess. Again thank you for your time.

Doug 聽 聽 聽聽 aka Bersaguy

On 4/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, bersaguy said:

Thank you very much for the time you spent to get me all those links. I did open each one and read what they had to say and for the most parts I can tell, I should not have to do anything in order to receive the stimulus funds so I guess it is just a sit and wait process. They said they have already sent the money to 80 million Americans that have direct deposit which I do have and have had for almost 15 years and my SS funds are automatically deposited every month so like I said its just a wait and see when it shows up I guess. Again thank you for your time.

Doug 聽 聽 聽聽 aka Bersaguy

Checks are in Doug according to my bank.聽

I went to the "get my payment" which indicated they did not have my Direct Deposit info.聽 In looking to provide the info I found that it asked for my personal info and 2019 AGI.聽 The wife and I filled jointly and there was no where to indicate that the AGI was a joint AGI.聽 If they took only my info associated with the AGI it would appear that I exceeded the limit for eligibility yet filing jointly we were within the limit yet like I said, there was nowhere to indicate it was a joint filing.聽 I decided to just wait and see if a check comes.