Pistol Red Dots made in America?

Maybe someone has already done the research?? :confused:

My next purchase will probably be a pistol red dot. I’m wondering about those made in the USA.

I own a Burris fast fire III, which it appears is made in the Philippines. I own a Vortex Venom and it appears its also made in the Philippines, with their other red dots made in China. I own a Eotech EXP rifle red dot that appears to be made here.

It appears the Leupold Deltapoint Pro is made here?? (Although they didn't have a mounting plate for an M&P C.O.R.E. when I bought mine)

Any other pistol red dots made here?

I see nothing on the package or SRO that says 'made in USA', except it does say the packaging is made in USA.  Also in couple of places on the box it comes in and the owner's manual it gives export warnings as well as American patents.  But I am pretty darn happy with my SRO placed on my 5" M&P pro.  Had a local 'smith cut the slide, the same depth as the rear sight; removed the rear sight totally.  I still consider these things cheating.🤠

''

• Like 1

Dave, I'm close to investing in a red dot, the American made choices are limited.

I considered Holosun to save $100 or so over a Trijicon, but would rather support a US manufacturer.

I too have a FF3, mounted on my AR and a few budget ChiCom dots.

After researching and talking to folks, I'm willing to step up to a Leupold or Trijicon for my EDC (or a comp pistol)

• Like 1

SRO w 2.5 dot.  Looked hard at the Holosun, and shot Romeo, DP, RMR, sighttmark.  Did not shoot Bushnell or Crimson Trace.   Quality and reputation of the Trijicon won out.  Really like the big window of the SRO as well.  It is a different world.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Trijicon is definitely domestic.

Some of Sigs optics are American made, some are foreign (Chinese I think).

Leupold is American.

Anything else is pretty safe to assume it’s foreign made. 

American made is so expensive now, it’s practically a luxury to have an American made product.

• Administrator
On 4/25/2020 at 7:57 AM, A.J. Holst said:

After researching and talking to folks, I'm willing to step up to a Leupold or Trijicon for my EDC (or a comp pistol)

Between those two, Trijicon RMR if it's going to be an EDC. 

Jagerwerks has a neat new "suit of armor" for the Trijicon SRO that they literally just started promoting in the last few days.  It is called the B.R.O.S. (bros) or the Battle Ready Optic Shield.  If the larger SRO strikes your fancy, I'd give that a hard look as the SRO simply is not duty grade and won't stand up to a whole lot of abuse.  The RMR won't need it, and not all guns' optic cuts are guaranteed to be compatible with it.  But it looks like a viable way of making the SRO a lot more durable.

http://jagerwerks.com/pre-order-b-r-o-s-4-6-weeks/

BRO_0041__96913.1596466142.jpg?c=2&imbyp

BRO_006__58098.1596466269.jpg?c=2&imbypa

BRO_003__35510.1596466269.jpg?c=2&imbypa

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
On 4/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, chances R said:

SRO w 2.5 dot.  Looked hard at the Holosun, and shot Romeo, DP, RMR, sighttmark.  Did not shoot Bushnell or Crimson Trace.   Quality and reputation of the Trijicon won out.  Really like the big window of the SRO as well.  It is a different world.

See above.  The SRO really isn't duty / carry grade without something like the new BROS adding some protection to it.

This video is worth watching.  At least watch the first 5 minutes from this timestamp which starts 47 seconds in.  :)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TGO David said:

Jagerwerks has a neat new "suit of armor" for the Trijicon SRO

Not exactly related, but I feel the Burris AR mount for the FF series is well worth the investment.

3 hours ago, chances R said:

but then again I'm not that hard on my equipment. 

Describes me as well.

• 3 weeks later...