Head Down Firearms HD-15

DBTN

For the past few months I’ve had the opportunity to handle and shoot a few different Head Down Firearms rifles. Initially I was very dismissive of their rifles just because the AR market is so saturated. The more I handle them though, the more I begin to appreciate their attention to detail. They do a very good job of sourcing good components and assembling them  

Edited by DBTN
  • Like 1

Good video as usual.

They were listing these on Armslist (it appeared almost exclusively for AR’s) at On-Target in Murfreesboro. I try not to be a gun snob, but I can’t help it. When I saw they were simply a builder and not a manufacturer, and not having any name recognition, I just figured I could buy the parts and build the gun myself. As I remember they were pretty pricey. So I went back to look on On-Target’s website at the prices, and they are gone. They aren’t even listed in the “Brand” section. Curious as to what happened with that relationship?

Who are you buying them from?

Thanks. As a law-enforcement trainer for a major agency and involved in procurement, I’m always looking at different guns. My department was approached by them and they provided several copies to test.  Whenever I have a gun like that I usually end up using it as a training and demo gun and often they can be subjected to a significant number of rounds. I do think they are a little overpriced but if their gun has a particular feature set that a person likes then I’ve come to the conclusion that they are a viable option. This is especially true for a person that does not want to build their own gun or invest in the tools necessary to do so.  Agency and individual officer pricing makes it more attractive. 

Edited by DBTN
  • Like 1