Steyr M9A1

willis68

In my opinion this by far is the most underrated pistol on the market, this is a Gen4 and out of the box better than any polymer pistol I have ever owned. It fits like a glove in my hand is deadly accurate and has a trigger that is amazing. The only complaint I have is there is a very quiet audio sound for the reset. All of my Glocks have Johnny Glock combat trigger packs installed and those are awesome but for a bone stock trigger I love this one. Years ago I think I had a Gen1 possibly 2 not certain that had extractor issues, this one has been perfect. The trapezoid sites are very accurate but I may change them to Tru Glow TFX pro as they are made for this gun, 

in my opinion Steyr is a top of the line gun company 

B0EE4D6E-AA43-4D61-9DCA-CCA1B742C993.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 5/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, willis68 said:

Keeton custom Leathers my favorite leather guy just finished my holster, I will be able to carry this now thankfully 

BAE6956D-D6BA-4AD6-9EF1-CD7C6BD5C22F.jpeg

I'm surprised TT Gunleather doesn't make something for that.

• 4 months later...

I have one & love the low bore axis & trigger. It is fond of peppier ammo like the Winchester NATO stuff. Also had one of the previous generation pistols...pretty ammo sensitive...ended up trading it. Steyr suffers from name recognition around these parts...the Mannlicher moniker turns some people off too.

I have a few Steyrs, the M9 and L9 variations.   Very well-made guns.  Ergonomically, I think they're superior to Glocks.   Accuracy of them tends to be excellent.  I think they are oversprung, set up for hot ammo.   Lighter loads, like minor power factor, can cause the occasional stovepipe.  Bore axis and the effect on muzzle flip is very similar to Glocks, they come right down on target quickly.

Don't much care for the sights.  I can use them OK, I just don't see an advantage to the trapezoid design, and would rather have traditional post/notch.

The grip is fine except for 1) rather slick texturing and 2) mighty teeny magwell which could use some beveling.   The A2 model fixes the former issue, at least.

The trigger could use a more noticeable reset.