Canik TP9SFx

One1

Hands down my favorite gun. 

1/16th of an inch trigger reset, 3.5 lb trigger, Mec-Gar mags, match barrel, ported, serrated, milled, Cerkote, rail, Warren Tactical FO sights,  60,000 round barrel, ISO9000, never ending list......

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, One1 said:

Definitely true. I got this one for $450 total new and i was happy to do so. PSA currently wants retail which is $579. 

clickable thumbs. 

0-E8-C5-B8-D-258-D-469-E-A003-ED7-FE40-C

15-A02-FBC-5238-4-A78-929-C-C36-A0504493

4-EBAB85-B-27-D3-4-A56-A738-1-DCC84-E181

5-C490-A59-DFD6-4-FDD-9-E25-895-A5-D53-C

72-DC9605-132-D-452-B-8475-142-BB78-D0-F

B1733997-4411-49-A5-808-F-D800-B323-DF61

DF3-DC720-C169-4691-9438-2-DFE169-D20-E2

E98896-BA-571-D-440-F-A7-F0-9-F407-D1-E7

I'd like to have another of the SA and SFX models, but not willing to spend that much on them.

Should have done it last Christmas before prices started rising. BTW, my TP9 was 249 shipped. lol

I saw an ad for it and thought it was worth a try. I was most pleasantly surprised with it. I think that was 3 years ago, just as the Turkish guns were being imported.

• Like 1

The current TP9 base is still roughly $150-200 less than the SFx so that’s on par for the base model. I definitely wish i had been interested in a lower price one, but i saw the SFx and had to have it. Lol. Pay to play i guess. 

JMO opinion, but except for all the bells and whistles, lol, I actually prefer my SA model. I feel it has a better trigger in it. 

But I would like to have one of the new models...Executive Elite(?) with the extras on it. lol

• Like 1

That’s the champion trigger? I was looking at a fat daddy, but was curious about that one. I want a good purchase on the side of the trigger because i barely reach it and the cuts on those made it look slippery so i wasn't Sure about them.  Did you do the install? It looked like something that could be done with the right punches. 

It is the champion. I like the feel of this one for me it seems like it helps get your finger to the safety lever for a little better contact. The install was fairly easy and I added a spring kit while I had the gun tore apart. It’s made for really nice setup. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tercel89 said:

I've asked other people this about the Canik , but have you Canik owners ever taken out the slide LOCK before ? It is supposedly a pain in the butt and marrs up the frame. 

It’s just on this pin. Taps out. 

60-C21-DB5-93-B0-4-E40-887-C-933200-BB0-

824-EAB83-D19-E-4978-9680-D3-DCB38-F9092

14 hours ago, One1 said:

It’s just on this pin. Taps out. 

60-C21-DB5-93-B0-4-E40-887-C-933200-BB0-

824-EAB83-D19-E-4978-9680-D3-DCB38-F9092

No sir , I am talking about the slide lock , not the slide-stop lever . The slide lock has a pin directly in it and is square shaped and is to the right of your red circle. It is supposed to be a pain inthe butt to remove and most people end up marring the frame . I am always looking for someone that may know a way to remove it without all that crazy hassle. 

Edited by tercel89

Buddy, I've never gone that far into my Caniks. You are well known for being very thorough in stripping and maintaining your guns, and I applaud you for it.

But I stop at basic field strip and cleaning. You are far beyond my level of capability.

• Thanks 1

First click goes to postimg, second click enlarges it to full size on postimg, so it can be twice the resolution if you tap it enough. Just a thumbnail here of course. 

I’ve seen interesting reviews from owners on the SFx today. Posted 4 months, and 9 months ago in two separate spots both people said they almost got bored with always hitting the target dead center and grouping so tight because they kept shooting through the same hole in the target after a couple shots. Lol, interesting problem to have..... my M&P can’t say the same that’s for sure.

I have however experienced pretty effortless shooting with it. My instructor at the enhanced permit class remarked on how quickly i ran through the mag. Most people took a while to shoot their 20 rounds at each marker point (3, 5, & 7 yds) partly due to their gun only holding a few rounds and partly cause half the class was new shooters. I was the only one that could shoot the whole stage with 1 mag and i ran through all three stages in under 4 mins. My entire range test took 5 mins total. 

DE4-E9683-2757-4-AF5-99-D3-D5-B3-DC8-E18

Edited by One1
On 5/4/2020 at 11:58 AM, tercel89 said:

No sir , I am talking about the slide lock , not the slide-stop lever . The slide lock has a pin directly in it and is square shaped and is to the right of your red circle. It is supposed to be a pain inthe butt to remove and most people end up marring the frame . I am always looking for someone that may know a way to remove it without all that crazy hassle. 

I think the hardest one is the elite models I had to drill one of those out. That is with the ambi slide stop levers. The standard sf and sfx models are a lot easier to swap the trigger in.