FFL for firearms transfer in Nashville?

Whisper

Having recently relocated to Nashville from Rutherford County, I need to find a local dealer who will handle my firearms purchases from out of state.  So far the stores I've checked here charge ridiculous fees.  Is there maybe a small dealer somewhere who charges something reasonable?  It looks like I'm about to win a couple of Gunbroker auctions and I need to get the transfer set up.

Thanks,

Whisper

1 hour ago, bud said:

Phil @ Bellshire Hardware has been my go to for years. Small hardware store with gun sales/transfers. Easy going, easy in and out, $30.

Same for me. Phil is a good guy and will help with finding things for you as well. Maybe not the cheapest around, I haven't really checked lately, but conveninent and quick.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Whisper said:

Is there maybe a small dealer somewhere who charges something reasonable?  It looks like I'm about to win a couple of Gunbroker auctions and I need to get the transfer set up.

Gunbroker has a link at the bottom of the buyers pages "FIND AN FFL". You put in your zip code and it shows you the dealers that have listed with them, and what they charge.

56 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I'm in West Nashville.  $30 is what I was paying in Murfreesboro.  If I could match that in Nashville, I'd be a happy guy.

Last time I transferred something at Royal Range in Bellevue it was $35. Really good people to deal with. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Gunbroker has a link at the bottom of the buyers pages "FIND AN FFL". You put in your zip code and it shows you the dealers that have listed with them, and what they charge.

Right! I forgot about that. It's helpful and handy. Look for a new gun and a place to pick it up in one spot.

3 minutes ago, hipower said:

Right! I forgot about that. It's helpful and handy. Look for a new gun and a place to pick it up in one spot.

While it shows that there are plenty in his area that are $30~$35, it also shows that there are a few that want to let you know right up front; they don’t want your transfer business. EqcmKa2.gif

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

While it shows that there are plenty in his area that are $30~$35, it also shows that there are a few that want to let you know right up front; they don’t want your transfer business. EqcmKa2.gif

Not thinking of a certain 2 location operation and a past advertiser are you? lol

2 minutes ago, hipower said:

Not thinking of a certain 2 location operation and a past advertiser are you? lol

I don’t know, I just saw some at $55 and $75 plus TICS. I guess that means they just want to sell their guns on GB and don’t want to do any transfers. 🙃

25 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t know, I just saw some at $55 and $75 plus TICS. I guess that means they just want to sell their guns on GB and don’t want to do any transfers. 🙃

Yes. I've dealt with several of them, the higher priced that is, and I've been told that the figure is higher if you transfer something they have in stock. Geez. Do you want to sell a gun or not. 

I haven't made a purchase from them since. 

BTW, the one I mentioned above has increased the transfer fee since my last visit. That insures that unless of an impending asteroid strike, and they have a defensive shield for it, I will not purchase from them. 

I do try to buy locally. I do want to support a local business and one I call friend. But when said business or friend is unreasonable on prices...my relationship with them ceases.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, hipower said:

Yes. I've dealt with several of them, the higher priced that is, and I've been told that the figure is higher if you transfer something they have in stock. Geez. Do you want to sell a gun or not. 

I haven't made a purchase from them since. 

BTW, the one I mentioned above has increased the transfer fee since my last visit. That insures that unless of an impending asteroid strike, and they have a defensive shield for it, I will not purchase from them. 

I do try to buy locally. I do want to support a local business and one I call friend. But when said business or friend is unreasonable on prices...my relationship with them ceases.

I gave up on trying to buy guns locally. Even if I was okay with the $100 to $300 over what I can order it for; and I’m not, they have never been able to tell me when the gun will come in from their distributor, but if I want to give them a deposit they will order it. Do people really do that? I won’t, when I can order it online, get a much better price, and have it in a week. Distributors will be the death of local dealers if it happens, not me. So they need to get that straightened out; I’d like to buy locally.

• Like 2
Guest BCR#1

My FFL charges $25.00 + TICS. I've known him for over 25 years and his fee has never changed. Class III are $50.00, no TICS required. Another FFL here charges $15.00 + TICS. You guys up north are getting screwed on transfers.

Bill