New Canadian Firearms Ban

The admin was planning to do it from the start. Apparently legislature cannot meet during COVID19 so he's used the Canadian equivalent of executive order to push his agenda during a crisis.  This does nothing to prevent another incident as the gunman used illegally obtained firearms.  Nor does this prevent a mass shooting with the weapons that remain legal after this.

They don't have a 2nd amendment.  They'll grumble but comply, following in the footsteps of other commonwealth nations.

• Like 2

Wouldn't bet on easily disarming Albertans and British Columbians. They are culturally much more like Montanans and Eastern Washington, Idaho people than they are like English..  I think this may be repealed..   My 2 cents. 

Canada also had a surge in firearm sales and ammo just like the USA before the Pandemic.  Canadians are culturally more like Americans whereas New Zealanders and Australians are culturally more like English who are used to submitting and obeying government authority without question.

I think Canadians , esp in rural Western provinces will stand up and rebel.. Quebec people will probably gleefully submit and obey , as Quebec is the most European province in the country and of course where the tyrannical Trudeau's family hails from.  His family is like royalty there.

I use to live right on Canadian border and I was surprised how much people in Vancouver , BC on my visits (use to stay at friends house) admired the USA and guns.   

Canada has some of the highest gun ownership in the world even if it is much less than the USA>  Trudeau thinks he will easily pull off a New Zealand gun grab in Canada.  I think people underestimate the love Canadians have for their rifles and many Canadians are skilled marksman and it will take some serious efforts to go into those rural provinces and round up all the guns there.

I think the "Gun confiscation" will end up being reduced to a "Future ban of sales". But, we will see.  The ban is a confiscate at death, but since it is so restrictive, people will still go to their gun ranges, hunt with these guns and basically violate all the laws rendering them null and void, unless Canadian government sends in their police/military to enforce this law.  Laws that are unenforced eventually end up not as laws or are eventually enforced through "any means necessary", to quote Virginia Governor Northam on his proposed gun confiscation bill.

Of course, the Democrats will use this stunt to try to push something similar here if they get into power. Executive orders will always be the first means to make such an attempt.  Remember, we cannot even worship in church or temple in some states right now because it is "NON-ESSENTIAL".

Edited by 4Freedom
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, 4Freedom said:

Wouldn't bet on easily disarming Albertans and British Columbians. They are culturally much more like Montanans and Eastern Washington, Idaho people than they are like English..  I think this may be repealed..   My 2 cents. 

Canada also had a surge in firearm sales and ammo just like the USA before the Pandemic.  Canadians are culturally more like Americans whereas New Zealanders and Australians are culturally more like English who are used to submitting and obeying government authority without question.

I think Canadians , esp in rural Western provinces will stand up and rebel.. Quebec people will probably gleefully submit and obey , as Quebec is the most European province in the country and of course where the tyrannical Trudeau's family hails from.  His family is like royalty there.

I use to live right on Canadian border and I was surprised how much people in Vancouver , BC on my visits (use to stay at friends house) admired the USA and guns.   

Canada has some of the highest gun ownership in the world even if it is much less than the USA>  Trudeau thinks he will easily pull off a New Zealand gun grab in Canada.  I think people underestimate the love Canadians have for their rifles and many Canadians are skilled marksman and it will take some serious efforts to go into those rural provinces and round up all the guns there.

I think the "Gun confiscation" will end up being reduced to a "Future ban of sales". But, we will see.  The ban is a confiscate at death, but since it is so restrictive, people will still go to their gun ranges, hunt with these guns and basically violate all the laws rendering them null and void, unless Canadian government sends in their police/military to enforce this law.  Laws that are unenforced eventually end up not as laws or are eventually enforced through "any means necessary", to quote Virginia Governor Northam on his proposed gun confiscation bill.

Of course, the Democrats will use this stunt to try to push something similar here if they get into power. Executive orders will always be the first means to make such an attempt.  Remember, we cannot even worship in church or temple in some states right now because it is "NON-ESSENTIAL".

Canadians will comply when the time comes.  They’re too pleasant not to.

18 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Canadians will comply when the time comes.  They’re too pleasant not to.

Possibly.. That is quite a few guns they will have to destroy.. There was a Canadian shooting range not too far from my house than many Americans would go visit for competition shooting.  I am from the Pacific Northwest and use to visit British Columbia time to time.    Ironically, I always thought Vancouver was a much more conservative minded city than neighboring Seattle, where I also lived.  

But, who knows... I think there will be a surge of guns sent across the border as well as Canada has a thriving ghost gun industry.   Vancouver had much more gun crime than Seattle.  WHen I was staying at my friend's house in a pretty ghetto neighborhood called Delta, all the gas stations and many convenience stores had bullet proof glass due to all the armed robberies.  Canada's strict gun laws didn't manage to help keep down their crime rates.  At the time Seattle had pretty loose gun laws and still had less crime.  Even Tacoma had less homicides than Surrey/Delta.   Their previous Prime Minister was actually somewhat conservative..  Trudeau also is not the most popular person in Canada, the country is divided.  

However, I am worried we may have confiscation in this country too, so yes, it is possible for Canada.  But, it won't be done without some resistance in Canada.  Here it will have to be done with considerable resistance.

Edited by 4Freedom
44 minutes ago, 4Freedom said:

Possibly.. That is quite a few guns they will have to destroy.. There was a Canadian shooting range not too far from my house than many Americans would go visit for competition shooting.  I am from the Pacific Northwest and use to visit British Columbia time to time.    Ironically, I always thought Vancouver was a much more conservative minded city than neighboring Seattle, where I also lived.  

But, who knows... I think there will be a surge of guns sent across the border as well as Canada has a thriving ghost gun industry.   Vancouver had much more gun crime than Seattle.  WHen I was staying at my friend's house in a pretty ghetto neighborhood called Delta, all the gas stations and many convenience stores had bullet proof glass due to all the armed robberies.  Canada's strict gun laws didn't manage to help keep down their crime rates.  At the time Seattle had pretty loose gun laws and still had less crime.  Even Tacoma had less homicides than Surrey/Delta.   Their previous Prime Minister was actually somewhat conservative..  Trudeau also is not the most popular person in Canada, the country is divided.  

However, I am worried we may have confiscation in this country too, so yes, it is possible for Canada.  But, it won't be done without some resistance in Canada.  Here it will have to be done with considerable resistance.

Whatever resistance to a government edict will be handled quite easily there, just as it will here when the time comes.

44 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Whatever resistance to a government edict will be handled quite easily there, just as it will here when the time comes.

So, you are pretty much confident we will have a fairly easy gun confiscation in this country?   Maybe.. But, I don't think so.  Yes, the military has tanks, jets, drones and artillery.   Are they going to blow up their own country to achieve their goals?  It is one thing to destroy another country, it is another thing to start killing your own uncles, brothers and destroying your own infrastructure to achieve what ever authoritarian goal.  TO be honest, I see a civil war between Communists (aka Democrats) and Patriots (anyone who is not Democrat) before I see our military coming in with tanks , helicopters and artillery to start gunning down their friends and family members in the name of Communism.   

If you study the Bolshevik Revolution, the people en masse who took arms supported the Revolution against the Tsar.  Lenin had a poweful military force and when he established his rule, there was a very strong ideology brainwashed into people from their youth to serve the leader and defend Communist ideologies.   We would first have to replace our current military with a different kind of military (maybe foreigners?) before such a bold authoritarian takeover and removal of our country's Constitutional institutions can be achieved.

My relatives obeyed the Nazis and complied..  My grandmother's entire village in Belarus was exterminated during the Nazi invasion into that country.  Women and children had to dig their own graves and they mass murdered everyone, babies crying on momma's arms.

I don't think I would comply. Mostly because of my family history.  My life already is kind of rough.. Freedom is kind of the last thing I have to cherish.  What is the point of being a slave of autocratic dictators?  I bet if my relatives had a second chance they would have not complied.

I do think you are wrong in the fact that I don't see our soldiers mass murdering their fellow Americans. 

At the end of the day, the military makes the decisions.. It is who has the guns and the force to execute the laws.  Politicians are just high paid suits unless they got the muscle of weapons to back up their demands.

Edited by 4Freedom
  • Like 3

It's frustrating to see the people of educated western nations just idly watch their governments use such blatantly flawed logic as the excuse for curbing civil liberties.  (Australia also comes to mind.) 

The two-year amnesty period before the ban takes full effect indicates to me that the Canadian government is attempting something that would probably trigger considerable backlash if done all at once.  If it were truly acceptable to the people of that country, then it would be possible to implement right away. 

I guess we'll see shortly how many Canadians have read any books by Thomas Paine.

• Like 2

If the Democrats are smart, they will watch the backlash that is beginning to come to fruition towards COVID-19.  I think any Gun Confiscation Plan put forth by a Democratic Administration will see far worse demonstrations and acts.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
48 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've seen the list. Its quite long, extensive and very detailed. Somebody put a lot of time and effort into it and they've just been waiting for the right time to use it. This was pre-planned all along. 

It is the lifeforce that Emperor George Soros Palpatine Feeds ...

It will no doubt be tried here if the democrats get control. It won’t work because our Constitution won’t allow it. What is in danger right now is states bans on AR’s. Until there is a SCOTUS ruling on whether or not their ban is a “reasonable restriction”; they could continue. I don’t think Tennessee would be one of those states; but you never know.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DaveTN said:

It won’t work because our Constitution won’t allow it. What is in danger right now is states bans on AR’s.

If enough States take that approach and get more anti 2A, then the next thing is a Constitutional Convention, and then bam, there it goes.   Yes, the fight on AR's does not equal a total ban is coming, but we know what they say about that ole slippery slope...

Democrat = Communist by modern definition.  Comrade Bernie is just the beginning.  Just wait until President Omar or Ocasio-Cortez is elected and declares Republican party a Terrorist group and requires immediate gun confiscation under Executive order supported unanimously by the followers.   I don't think its likely you will see 2/3rd vote to modify the Constitution. At that point will be close to another civil war anyway. The Bill of Rights and Constitution will not simply be usurped by votes alone. 

Will this happen next year?  No... Next Decade?  If these traitorous communists in our government can prolong their political careers and ramp up support from the mindless sheeple, definitely, yes!

Edited by 4Freedom
19 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Wont happen, was not born here. Well unless the Constitution is changed.

Please dispense with the “won’t happen here”.   We see that maxim disproven on a daily basis it seems like.

If Abdul and Fatima come over here and have a baby named Omar, well then little O is natural born.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

Well we are talking about Rep Omar that is here now. 

Yes, you are correct. She was born in Somalia and will not be President.

Of course I can see the “Oh my gosh how unfair and racist is that? We need to change the Constitution!” cries now.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Of course I can see the “Oh my gosh how unfair and racist is that? We need to change the Constitution!” cries now.

Seems we have heard this is the past, everything someone does not like what is in the laws of this great land. Them commiefornea women in .government in Washington would love to get a hold or the 2nd.

I think we have already experienced what could easily happen nationally here in the US. All it takes is for the stars to align! A Democrat held House, Senate and Executive branch like what happened in 2019 Virginia. Also I would not be surprised to see Canada become just a larger version of Virginia. As Rush Limbaugh often says “Elections have consequences”. As for SCOTUS coming to the rescue, they won’t hardly even hear a gun case. There’s 2nd Amendment assaults going on all across the US. Courts aren’t stopping much from what I can tell. Heck we are now putting Mother’s in jail for working and that is in the current free state of Texas. We have to stay vigilant.