Storm damage Mt Juliet

Tree blew down onto the power line just down from my place, pulled down my pole and bent my service entrance.  We are all ok, just waiting on MTEMC to fix things, they are busy right now as it is, so might be a bit,

20200503_165906.jpg

16814.jpeg

20200503_171218.jpg

Edited by RED333
  • Wow 1
  • Admin Team

We took a pretty hard hit in Brentwood

Lost my kids’ favorite tree.

Power poles snapped on the nearby street.  Worse, the fire department hit the live lines with their truck as the we’re racing down the street.  They whipsawed the attached transformer about 100 yards down the street.  Wildly, they didn’t seem to notice. They never stopped.

I expect it’s gonna be a minute before the power comes back. 

Got pretty rough here in Dickson county. No damage to our house but a tree fell at my in laws and ripped the power lines off there house. A friend of ours down the road got some roof damage and some down trees.

Dang guys, hate to hear all this, but glad everyone seems to of made it through unharmed. Here in Clarksville we had some strong winds but nothing as bad as all that, just a short downpour then steady drizzle for a couple hours.  Hope the next one isn't as bad for everyone. 

• Authorized Vendor

What a mess...glad y'all are safe. No real damage around my place but that wind was crazy for a bit. I thought for sure trees were coming down. I wasn't really paying attention and it really caught me by surprise. I don't startle easily but I admit I was concerned for a bit.

Still with no power, MTEMC has not been by at all, but I know they are very busy. Would not be so bad but the wires are across the drive way and can not get out.

Bradford pear will drop a limb for no reason. Hackberry is the same way. They develop a deep crotch that'll rot and break away. And they're calling for more bad weather later this evening.

29 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Bradford pear will drop a limb for no reason. 

You are right about that.  They are beautiful trees, especially when in bloom, but make sure you are not facing them when you sneeze. lol

2 hours ago, RED333 said:

Bradford pear will drop a limb for no reason. Hackberry is the same way. They develop a deep crotch that'll rot and break away. And they're calling for more bad weather later this evening.

AGREED!! Again, when I ran a parts route. I was in Brentwood almost every day. Bradford Pear trees will fall in a moderate wind I think. Beautiful trees, but very fragile. I can't even begin to put a count on how many of them I saw down when I did the Brentwood/Franklin run.

As far as Hackberry trees, I've had my share and more of fun from them. We've lived here for 16 years and it seem every year we have one, or a part of one fall. Having one high topped this week that is split and will fall on the house. Hate paying for it, but don't want the hassle of an insurance claim on it, cause it will fall after a large portion is taken out. 

8 hours ago, Mark A said:

We got the snot knocked out of us in Santa Fe...

Sorry to hear that, Mark. I sometimes wound up there on my route. It's beautiful country.

Had an account that worked on VWs. Probably didn't see him more than twice a year.

I always said though, once I got there, I couldn't get out. It was far away from my usual stops. lol