Rimfire Experts- you have $2K for a complete build...

• 2 weeks later...

The Vudoo action is supposed to be the hot ticket right now. Then you need a barrel and stock . Then glass. I don’t know if 2K will do it. I’d be more inclined to buy a Kidd rifle and put $500 worth of glass on it. ETA: Champions Choice are the local source for such things. They are Anschutz  dealers I think. 

Edited by Pickaroon

I ended up abandoning this 22LR idea until I decide what I want to do and how often I want to do it.  I suspect this ends with me shooting groups at 25 yards, so I probably should have just kept the TacSol X-Ring that I never shot and sold here.  Will revisit at a later time.

• 3 weeks later...

My advise would be to attend a NRL22 match.  The guys at the match will usually let you use their rifles to shoot the match if you so choose.  At the very least you'll get a lot of information on what they chose to use and why along with get to handle/shoot different rifles.  I have several rifles setup for NRL22 including a few loaners for both open class (no price limit) and base class ($1050 combined limit).  While most competitors use a bolt action (I started off with a Savage FV-SR in base class), I'm now the "10/22 guy" of the group.  If you want to drive down to Eagle Eye Range in Mt Pleasant there's a match the second Tuesday of every month.

Guest BCR#1
20 hours ago, billmeek said:

My advise would be to attend a NRL22 match.  The guys at the match will usually let you use their rifles to shoot the match if you so choose.  At the very least you'll get a lot of information on what they chose to use and why along with get to handle/shoot different rifles.  I have several rifles setup for NRL22 including a few loaners for both open class (no price limit) and base class ($1050 combined limit).  While most competitors use a bolt action (I started off with a Savage FV-SR in base class), I'm now the "10/22 guy" of the group.  If you want to drive down to Eagle Eye Range in Mt Pleasant there's a match the second Tuesday of every month.

I believe the Chattanooga Rifle Club will be starting up these matches in August 2020.

Bill

The matches at CRC will be precision rimfire, not NRL22

Edited by BCR#1
Added information
  • 2 months later...