Now its gettin' serious!

This morning a disabled friend of mine had an appointment. I volunteered to drive. We got finished right at noon, so we swung into Sonic for lunch. 
Started to order our usual Super Sonic bacon double cheeseburgers when the voice on the speaker came back "Sorry, we currently aren't serving double burgers. Single patty only". WHAT!  :eek:
Sure nuff, there was a message on the order screen which read:
"We are currently serving a limited menu. 
Some of the items you want may not be available.
We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Ok, I can deal with social distancing, wearing masks,  so many places closed and all the other stuff Covid has brought us. 
BUT NO BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS! Oh man, that's over the line! :censored:

The end times are truly upon us. :grouchy:

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

The Publix near us had ground beef of all varieties for $1.99/pound last week.  The butcher told me that with some of the processing plants shut down they were taking delivery of larger quantities and finishing it themselves.  They said they were grinding nice steaks into ground beef. 

Strange times we’re in. 

4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Went to Kroger as well today.  The only ground beef was their high dollar vacuum packed organic stuff.  It’s good, but only 90/10.  I want leaner when making chili.  

Happily I wasn't buying meat this run. I always keep a good amount in the freezer. I keep running out of fresh vegetables. Really looking forward to the garden coming in.....

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Flour seems to always be in short supply.

Check out Troyers in Limestone. Had about everything the couple times we have been there in the last month. Just get there early. 

Plus you can order a 60lb pack of chicken great if you feel like working that much up. Takes a few days to come in. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Went to Kroger as well today.  The only ground beef was their high dollar vacuum packed organic stuff.  It’s good, but only 90/10.  I want leaner when making chili.  

I would have thought that it's hard to get much leaner than 90/10 in ground beef ...

• Moderators

I feel like this is an opportunity to reiterate that it’s good idea to find a local meat supplied butcher. Also, use this as an opportunity to diversify the diet and add more types of meat to the menu. Wife found a local supplier of bulk amphibian/reptile/coastal seafood. Last time I was home I did some fried frog legs and gonna have some gator next time. Maybe some shrimp as well. 😋

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I feel like this is an opportunity to reiterate that it’s good idea to find a local meat supplied butcher. Also, use this as an opportunity to diversify the diet and add more types of meat to the menu. Wife found a local supplier of bulk amphibian/reptile/coastal seafood. Last time I was home I did some fried frog legs and gonna have some gator next time. Maybe some shrimp as well. 😋

Love me some frog legs :drool:. Care to share where the wife found them ?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

Thanks. That's about an hours drive for me so I might have to plan a road trip. I was able to find a phone number for them too.

I would give them a call too before you go to make sure that they have them in stock and available. 

Even though most of the local farmers markets are closed, some of the vendors are still setting up in their locations.  One of them, maybe Midtown, has a refrigerated trailer that has coastal goodies and gator.  Fayette Packing is still open, you just have to call and place your order.  I have a couple of local farmers I use if I want beef or pork in bulk.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

That's about all they do right. Sonic is in the bottom 5% of fast food chains. 

They destroyed their signature item in the name of cost savings. It’s sad that DQ has a better Coney than Sonic.