Fenix PD40R V2.0??

What do you guys think of this light? 3000 lumens in a light that size is crazy!

I would pre-order this right now, but I’m a little skeptical of that rotary switch, as I absolutely hate the operation of my Streamlight ProTac HL 5-X USB.  I think it needs that rotary switch AND an on/off. I love my small 1000 lumens Fenix that has separate ON/OFF and light level switches.

They are $120 pre-order, but $96 through 5/25.

19 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I don’t like the twist switch either. I’ve got an Olight that’s about that size that’s over 3k lumens as well. It has a push button switch. I like that better. 

Which one do you have? Is the ON/OFF switch and the intensity level separate?

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Which one do you have? Is the ON/OFF switch and the intensity level separate?

https://www.olightstore.com/seeker-2-pro-black.html

The light has a single switch to cycle intensity and on/off. You set the desired intensity with a long press and then a quick press afterwards gives you on/off. A double click sends it into the turbo mode (3200 lumen) and a triple click gives you strobe. 

• Like 1

I didn’t find anything with the battery and switch set-up I wanted, so I ordered two more of the Fenix PD35 V2.0’s. Fenix has 20% off for Memorial weekend, that made their price a few bucks less than Amazon.

The simpler the better for me; Streamlight Stylus Pro 100 lumens, EDC for general outdoor activities and work; Pelican 2360 200 lumens for around the house, and back up tactical EDC. Surefire Tactician E2T-MV 400 lumens. My "go to" EDC tactical light; best light I have ever owned, bar none. I have about 20 other "Tactical" lights I keep in a case for my carry permit students to play with. Some are older Surefire 6P halogens, and most are chinese crapola; examples of what not to buy. One of them is a light my wife bought for me as a Christmas stocking stuffer. She asked later if I liked the light; I said "I love it; I use it in every class as an example of what not to buy". Got the "stink eye" and a punch in the arm. LOL 

Regards

Rod

Edited by rodteague
  • 4 weeks later...

1500 Lumen Surefire Dual Fuel Fury intelibeam

1200 Lumen Surefire EDCL2T

Olight 1800 lumen M2R Pro Warrior , heck my Key Chain has a 300 Lumen Surefire Titan Plus I don’t see well at night so 

I love bright flashlights 

Edited by willis68
On 5/24/2020 at 3:12 PM, DaveTN said:

I didn’t find anything with the battery and switch set-up I wanted, so I ordered two more of the Fenix PD35 V2.0’s. Fenix has 20% off for Memorial weekend, that made their price a few bucks less than Amazon.

PD35 Tac is my favorite light overall. I have two as well. I have a bunch of lights, but those are usually the goto ones.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:50 PM, dralarms said:

Tell me about it. I’m carrying a 1000 lumin flashlight. 

Just thinking...you still have those flashlights I got a Costco for you? Many years back. lol

I'm still using my 3 and wish I'd bought more, sadly I don't remember the specs on them. But for the price 3/30, they have been great for around the house. Good strong tight beam for about 50-60 yards.

1 hour ago, hipower said:

Just thinking...you still have those flashlights I got a Costco for you? Many years back. lol

I'm still using my 3 and wish I'd bought more, sadly I don't remember the specs on them. But for the price 3/30, they have been great for around the house. Good strong tight beam for about 50-60 yards.

Yea, I’ve got 1 pack left I think. They were a good deal for what turns out to be a throwaway. That’s what you’ll do if you forget and leave batteries in them. 

• Like 1