Romanian AIMS 74

I have completed the building of a;

Romanian AIMS 74

Childer's receiver, Paratrooper folding stock, Engraved Eagle of Romania, Parts Matching, 5.45x39, with markings, double trigger humps, Kreb's Custom Retainer Plate, FIME trigger, one Tapco 30 round magazine.

How much would you gentlemen think this is worth?

I am going to fire it tomorrow, but just wanted to have an idea what people think of my first AK Build. 

:)

• Like 1

It will not let me upload other pictures but I shot it today and it was the most well balanced easy shooting AK I have ever had the pleasure of buying. It also has scope rail riveted in...

If anyone would shoot me what they think it's value would be I would greatly appreciate it. I am TEMPTED to sell but not doing so at this time. First I have to see what it is exactly worth. I see Childer's receivers on AK's and that usually shoots price through roof. This was my first build so I used only the best. :)

Guest BCR#1

Ditch the 74 brake and replace with the angle comp it came with and install the c. rod. $750-$800 would be a fair price.

Bill

4 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Ditch the 74 brake and replace with the angle comp it came with and install the c. rod. $750-$800 would be a fair price.

Bill

The parts kit came with the 74 brake.

The cleaning rod is there. (Edit not in that pic.) But I have it.

Similar guns go for way more ESPECIALLY with Childer's receiver. On Armslist and Gunbroker.

I think it's value is much higher. Before I turn to Gunbroker I will see what Guns.com has to say.

Anyone else find a number and/or reason?

Edited by Roman in Knoxville

Lol man just become a benefactor and list it for sale ...it’s very obvious what your doing here.  I think it’s like $35 for 6 months.  Who knows maybe you can turn a buck off several builds if your so inclined but please do it the right way.  Also as to value an unknown person building one in Knoxville isn’t going to bring as much as an established company...I personally wouldn’t buy a home built AK unless I knew the person who built it had some actual gunsmith credentials (like Xtriggerman on here).

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/26/2020 at 8:36 AM, Magiccarpetrides said:

Lol man just become a benefactor and list it for sale ...it’s very obvious what your doing here.  I think it’s like $35 for 6 months.  Who knows maybe you can turn a buck off several builds if your so inclined but please do it the right way.  Also as to value an unknown person building one in Knoxville isn’t going to bring as much as an established company...I personally wouldn’t buy a home built AK unless I knew the person who built it had some actual gunsmith credentials (like Xtriggerman on here).

I am not trying to sell it here. I am a hobbyist and I am not desperate to sell an arm. I am also a new hobbyist so I am not as knowledgeable, so yeah excuse me. I am doing things the RIGHT WAY, by asking around. I'll become a benefactor when I feel like it. Go police the crosswalks at your kids school or something. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Pricing an AK is easy. Gun-broker/Armslist or check the classifieds on the AK Forum or the AK Files, but you'll need to check the sold ads. Yes, people ask a lot more for things they think they can, Childer's receivers included. What they sell for is a different matter. Don't mean much on a personal build.

As to your response to Magiccarpetrides, a new dude with 15post would be better off to receive info or PM a trusted source than posting an obvious forum tactic of newbies to sell stuff without a proper add. Magic has been around awhile and knows pricing and sales far better than you could imagine. As well as how to be part of a forum community.

Edited by Smith
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Smith said:

Pricing an AK is easy. Gun-broker/Armslist or check the classifieds on the AK Forum or the AK Files, but you'll need to check the sold ads. Yes, people ask a lot more for things they think they can, Childer's receivers included. What they sell for is a different matter. Don't mean much on a personal build.

As to your response to Magiccarpetrides, a new dude with 15post would be better off to receive info or PM a trusted source than posting an obvious forum tactic of newbies to sell stuff without a proper add. Magic has been around awhile and knows pricing and sales far better than you could imagine. As well as how to part of a forum community.

Checking sold ads is a great idea to get an idea of value.

This place is somewhere I hope to make friends and mostly talk. I am not trying to sell the rifle.

• Like 3
On 5/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, Chucktshoes said:

Chucktshoes: I keep posting the image links from imgur after I push button "insert other media" and then "insert image from url". I have tried all links that imgur provides. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for your patience.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Roman in Knoxville said:

Chucktshoes: I keep posting the image links from imgur after I push button "insert other media" and then "insert image from url". I have tried all links that imgur provides. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Long time member @DaveTN put together this great guide on how to post images with imgur. 
https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/105981-how-to-post-a-picture-with-imgur/

it should answer your questions. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Moderators
On 5/27/2020 at 2:32 PM, Roman in Knoxville said:

Checking sold ads is a great idea to get an idea of value.

This place is somewhere I hope to make friends and mostly talk. I am not trying to sell the rifle.

Telling longtime members such as @Magiccarpetrides to go police the crosswalks at a school is not a good start to making friends. 

Keep in mind that he has paid money to support this site via benefactor memberships, you so far have not. 

And before you respond “I’M JUST KIDDING CHILL BRO” let me just encourage you to tread lightly. 

• Like 4