Bersa Guy

Hi Folks. It's nice to know when someone is missed and for that I thank everyone. I have not been spending  a lot of time on computer recently but will probably be spending more now since I am a lot closer to being settled in my new home. When I moved I didn't realize how much junk I had accumulated in my last home till I began packing it up. I lived there 20 years and when I moved in I did so in a couple pickup trucks and 1 trip. When I got packed and SIL and some friends moved me it took a 20 foot enclosed trailer, a 15 foot enclosed trailer and 3 pickup trucks full. I have been taking my time about unpacking and still have about 10 boxes that I have not cut the tape on cause at present time I have not found a use or a need for what is listed on the boxes. If I don't find a use for any of the stuff in them they may get put in SIL's truck and taken to the big dumpster at his company warehouse and disposed of.  I have not done much shooting but one time since being here and it scared Darby so bad she hid under the bed didn't come out and would not get near me for a couple hours. I knew she would hide under the bed when it thunders in a rain storm so until I can figure out a way to not scare her by shooting out back I might have to wait till I can find a range nearby to go shoot at. Well again thank all of you for thinking about my absence from the site and I will try and be here more!!

• Like 9
29 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

Doug, glad you got a new place!

Before you junk your stuff as you "Right Size" I know KARM in my local area is always accepting items for their resale stores.

Maybe someone local to you who offers pick up service.

I have already asked SIL and daughter about a second hand store in the area and they have lived here 18 years and never seen one but I will do some research on line to see if there is one in the area before I trash it. I might see if my SIL would drop it by one of the DAV stores in Nashville since he is in there every day for work and there is one on Gallatin road in East Nashville I think.

Glad to hear from you Doug. Know what you mean about the junk. Two of us live in 3200 sq ft house and can't open a closet that stuff falls out the door. Been prompting my wife to get rid of the junk, but she has feelings for it I guess. She is not a hoarder, just likes a lot of junk, IMO. She likes to decorate our home for every season. She tells me it takes a lot of room to store all those what-nots for a large home. Oh Well! Been a looser on this one for a while. 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I just drop my stuff at Goodwill or the Habitat Thrift Store. 

Goodwill has become very picky what is dropped off at there store and don't want but certain items left at their trailers so if DAV is gone it will be dumpster food.