Bill to carry guns without permit passes Tennessee House committee vote despite pleas from Memphis leaders

When people that could make a difference started moving outside of the city limits, well, see what has happened in every other city in the country.

I grew up in Memphis and back then it was a great city. But once King Willie and the Ford's got control it went downhill really fast. It got to the point where the good folks had no chance to salvage it. The place was just too far gone. So we just got out while we could. I've never regretted leaving. 

13 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I grew up in Memphis and back then it was a great city. But once King Willie and the Ford's got control it went downhill really fast. It got to the point where the good folks had no chance to salvage it. The place was just too far gone. So we just got out while we could. I've never regretted leaving. 

That is 100% truth.  Willie won his first term by what, 142 votes, in the 90’s?   It’s amazing how fast a city can degenerate under such “leadership”.

Don't forget the rather large Ford family. All of them crooked as snakes. There has always been at least one Ford on the city council, two have been U.S. Representatives (both convicted of corruption BTW) , State legislators and others have held appointed positions of power in city  government for as long as I can remember. If they didn't get their cut, it wasn't gonna happen in Memphis.  :censored:

15 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Don't forget the rather large Ford family. All of them crooked as snakes. There has always been at least one Ford on the city council, two have been U.S. Representatives (both convicted of corruption BTW) , State legislators and others have held appointed positions of power in city  government for as long as I can remember. If they didn't get their cut, it wasn't gonna happen in Memphis.  :censored:

Yep.  Books were written about Boss Crump back in the day.  It’s time someone grows a pair and exposes the Fords for what they are.

3 hours ago, Garufa said:

That is 100% truth.  Willie won his first term by what, 142 votes, in the 90’s?   It’s amazing how fast a city can degenerate under such “leadership”.

And 2900+ stupid ass morons threw away their votes on Prince Mongo.  If Herenton had lost, I may still be a Memphian.  I did 32 years in Memphis and had bikes stolen, cars broken into, got burglarized, family members shot and neighbors murdered.  I left and never looked back.  Throwing away your vote on a third party candidate who has no chance has consequences.  

Edited by deerslayer

Usually the more of a crime-ridden liberal mess of a city the more anti-gun and anti-freedom they are.   Sad story..

Good news .. Id be so happy if TN can go Constitutional Carry..  With the chaos happening in our society, we should be punishing criminals and not law abiding citizens .. Criminals dont care about carry permits.  THis is all nanny state measures to subject law abiding people to inefficient rules that just punish the law abiding.

• Like 2
On 5/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, Garufa said:

Memphis has BBQ, blues, rock, and soul.  Nashville has 840 to get around it.  :lol:

Memphis has not always been some liberal ####hole actually.  When people that could make a difference started moving outside of the city limits, well, see what has happened in every other city in the country.

I still remember when a former mayor of Memphis referred to some of the citizens as east memphis white devils and  told us to leave.  Most of those who could afford to, took his advise.  Any our money went with us.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I thought it was U.S. Rep Harold Ford Sr that made the White Devil remark?  I do remember Sr once saying outright that if you wanted help and were white, don't bother calling his office.  :censored:

It's hard to tell one dummy from the next

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RED333 said:

I will never understand why laws are written in a way so a layman can not read and understand them!!!

Because lawyers write the laws so that a layman will have to hire a lawyer to understand them. 

• Like 2