Soft plastic bait business/hobby "SOLD"!!!!

I'm sure a lot of folks here knew that I made soft plastic fishing baits and a few people here ordered some from me. Well like all good things, there comes a time when a person can no longer do what they enjoyed doing for 20+ years and making baits has come for me. I use to be able to pour a 300 bait order in 1/2 a day. I got a 300 bait order a little over a month ago and it took me 3 days to complete it. That was the final nail in the coffin for me making baits. Time for me to turn it over to someone that can do it and enjoy it as I did for all those years. I have over $12,000.00 invested but want it gone so I can use the room for other things so I am asking $1,500.00 to move it. I am willing to show anyone that buys it how to pour them from raw material to finished product. If you would like more information please PM me and we will discuss it.

Bersaguy         aka Doug

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2020 at 6:17 PM, Slappy said:

I fished with some chicken foots Doug made for me just yesterday! Caught about 8 bass with them including a 4lb’er. Sorry to hear you have to move on. Maybe another TGO’er can continue the legacy! 

I'm kind of hoping someone here does pick up my torch and begin making baits and enjoy it as much as I did Slappy!!!

I will give anyone that buy's it a lesson or two on how to make and pour baits from the raw material right up to the finished product. It took me about a month of messing with it in spare time to get a system for making and pouring baits. Once I was able to develop a system it got easier and all the time I was looking to improve on my system and within a year I was able to  put a system together that I still used until I just got to old to be able to pour baits with any speed and now it's time to send it on to someone with better nerves. Between my health issues and the fact I am 72 years old it's just time to move it on. 

6 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Well, for any of y’all that may be interested, y’all got until the end of the month to buy it from Doug. If it’s still there when I’m next home, I’ll be talking seriously with you about coming buy and getting into a side biz. 

Well  that makes it pretty clear right there! Should I begin packing it up. If I begin now it will take me a month to get it done....LOL!

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

To be clear, I ain’t laying any kinda dibs on it. If one of y’all buy it I will be happy for you and Doug. 

Yeah @bersaguy,might as well start packing as one of us is gonna buy it. 

I will begin to pack it up slowly cause who ever buys it might want me to show them my style of making baits so they won't just be going in blind. If they already have a little experience and won't need some tips or pointers I will pack it all up. So who ever gets it needs to let me know which way to do it. 

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

If anyone would like to see a sample of my work and some of what style bait molds you will be getting you can click on this link and it should open up some pictures of some I have sold and some comments about my baits!

http://tnbassfishing.com/topic/49371-softbaitmakers-hand-poured-baits/

Great lookin' baits Doug. First Class!!!

2 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Great lookin' baits Doug. First Class!!!

Thanks. I always wanted to provide my angler customers quality fish catching baits and if you talk to anyone that has used them they will tell you they worked and worked well. I have always said "I may not make the prettiest baits but I do make effective ones."

Hey guys, look at it this way, if Doug can do it how hard could it be? LOL Just kidding Doug. I have bought and used some of Doug's baits and they are as good as you will find anywhere. Like I said in an earlier post if I was younger I wouldn't hesitate. This could be a great side business and if you wanted to a full time business. Putting in my $0.02

Well packed up a little more stuff today. Not getting in a real hurry but will be done except for what few things I need to give lessons. It would be a lot easier to pack if I knew the person buying it had some pouring experience and won't need a crash course, then I could just  completely have it packed. There is just a few things you cannot explain and need to see it done. If the future buyer could send me a PM telling me I would know more what to do!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Trust me, I will. About the time you see that tag change from moderator to vendor you’ll know I’m up and going. I figure I’ll spend the next few months experimenting and getting it down right maybe sending out a few samples to folks before I offer any up for sale.

Archived