Soft plastic bait business/hobby "SOLD"!!!!

21 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Trust me, I will. About the time you see that tag change from moderator to vendor you’ll know I’m up and going. I figure I’ll spend the next few months experimenting and getting it down right maybe sending out a few samples to folks before I offer any up for sale.

That is exactly the attitude one must have going in to it. I spent about 2 months experimenting and learning what was the best approach for me and once I found it I really enjoyed making baits for over 20+ years.  I'm guessing over the 20 years I made and shipped over 500,000 + to anglers and most of them were re-orders because they figured out my baits would catch fish!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Trust me, I will. About the time you see that tag change from moderator to vendor you’ll know I’m up and going. I figure I’ll spend the next few months experimenting and getting it down right maybe sending out a few samples to folks before I offer any up for sale.

Doug mentioned experience with pouring. I assume he means the process of filling and emptying the molds. I speak from 25 years of working with ceramic and porcelain molds. There is a technique to pouring and casting. It varies by the material you work with and the finish you want on the product. Does require a small learning curve, but it's not difficult. Plus with the bait molds, I doubt seriously you'll be working with 20 to 60 pound molds.

If you can master otr driving and dealing with logs and state regs...this will be a cake walk for you.

Congratulations. You'll do fine. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, hipower said:

Doug mentioned experience with pouring. I assume he means the process of filling and emptying the molds. I speak from 25 years of working with ceramic and porcelain molds. There is a technique to pouring and casting. It varies by the material you work with and the finish you want on the product. Does require a small learning curve, but it's not difficult. Plus with the bait molds, I doubt seriously you'll be working with 20 to 60 pound molds.

If you can master otr driving and dealing with logs and state regs...this will be a cake walk for you.

Congratulations. You'll do fine. 

I’ll be honest, my intent is to get my daughter involved. The boys are a bit young, but Lilly is almost 9. I think it’s something we could really have fun doing together. I mean, how many other kids her age get to go fishing with baits they made themselves? 

A few more years and we can rope the boys in. I figure I’ve got at least 3 employees on tap over the next few years who can work super cheap. 😆

• Admin Team
26 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ll be honest, my intent is to get my daughter involved. The boys are a bit young, but Lilly is almost 9. I think it’s something we could really have fun doing together. I mean, how many other kids her age get to go fishing with baits they made themselves? 

A few more years and we can rope the boys in. I figure I’ve got at least 3 employees on tap over the next few years who can work super cheap. 😆

The first time you catch a fish with something you made with your own hands - you’re in for life.

I’ll be a customer.  

Archived